CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 2, 2009

Being Centsible

We shopped differently this week, since we are going out of town soon. We were going to forgo shopping all together, but Publix had a great sale on goldfish. And we have been waiting for a sale for a long time. So, we did a little Publix shopping. I can't remember the exact totals, but we spent around $18 and saved around $24. So, that was pretty good.

My tip for this week is to think outside the box.

HOF needed new brakes. The Audi place was going to charge us about $920 to do the brakes. He went on the Audi forums and found a mechanic with a good rep for working on Audi cars and we saved a bundle! $480 total for the whole job!!

And we decided that we could buzz cut Punter's hair ourselves this weekend. That saved us about $15. (note- we just used clippers... I don't think we could have done a real haircut. But that is what they do at the salon, so we thought we could try it. And it looks good.)

These things may be obvious, but maybe not to some. So, let me know how you think outside the box. I will publish all the answers in the next installment of Being Centsible.

2 comments:

"J" said...

You know I'm always coming to you for tips so I don't really have any!!!!

I know I won't buy chicken breast unless they are on sale!!!

We are also stocking up on ribs for the wedding! They are on sale this week for $.97 per lb with a $10 purchase! When I went on Friday they didn't have any so I took my receipt back and they gave me my ribs without having to do the $10 purchase again!!! =)

I'm also waiting for whole briskets to go on sale!!!! For under a $1.00 per lb!!! This will also be for the wedding!!! The BBQ reception/dinner we are hosting April 4th!

CPA Mom said...

I bought the buzz clippers to do my son's hair too. But they do a much better job at the Great Clips for only $10 so I take him there now (only after the clippers had paid for themselves of course).