CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Disney Day 1- the drive down

All of us in the car driving down....

HOF doing the driving duty Punter enjoying the ride to where "Buzz lives"


Me

Bench Warmer

Punter and I on the beach.

I am really just getting online tonight. So, it will probably take me a few days to catch up on our activities.
We started out drive early- around 9 ish. We were mostly packed up the day before with just a few toiletries and such to add in the morning.

It was about 6 hours of drive time- with stops about hours total. Punter did amazing!!! I was so impressed, as was HOF. We just could not believe how well he did. Thank goodness for tv's in the car! We only stopped twice. Once for lunch and once for gas. Punter didn't love the car, but there was very minimal fussiness.

*funny note- we stopped at an Arby's in a fairly large southern Georgia town- Valdosta. (Where Vidallia onions are grown) It was 12:30, so there was a pretty decent crowd. HOF was the only non-white in the whole place and everyone in there stared at us like we had three heads each the whole time we were there. And we were there about 45 minutes. It was a little creepy. We don't know if they were staring because we are an interracial couple or just because the novelty of HOF being Asian.

We made it to our hotel around 4. We were told when we checked in something about our key and how it got us access to our floor and a complimentary breakfast or something. We didn't really know what she was talking about. Well, I have NO idea how this happened, but somehow we got upgraded to the top floor. You couldn't even push the elevator button without using the room key. And there was free food there almost all the time. From 6:30- 10, there was breakfast. From 11:00- 4:00 snacks and such. From 5:00- 7:00 dinner and from 8:00- 10:00 they served dessert and drinks. And this wasn't crappy hotel food. From Sunday until today we have only bought food twice. We were fully fed the rest of the time-- for free. I can't drink, but HOF has also had free beer and cordials! The food was just unreal!! And never ending!
After our arrival, we went for a little exploration walk. We hung out on the beach at the hotel for a while and explored the pools and fountains.
It was a really nice day! Even if half of it was spent in the car!

8 comments:

"J" said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures!!!!!!! I love Punters face in the car pic!!!!! What a dad-gum cutie!!!!!! =) I just love him!!!!!!!!!

I had no idea yall already left for Disney?!?! lol I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooo out of it with the wedding/cruise planning!!!! I sweam I feel like I'm going 1,000,000,000,000,000 mph!!!! I start Lowe's tomorrow!!!! YIPPEE!!! I can't wait to see what my PART TIME job is all about!!!! =) They were saying they want me FULL TIME!!! I thought that was cool but the money just isn't there!!!! We'll see how it goes!!!!

I love the beach picture!!! When you get home you need to print me one out and mail it to me....I think the our house needs this pic in it!!!! =)

The FREE food thing
WONDERFUL!!!! I love it!!!! What a GREAT upgrade!!!! I can't wait to see more pics!!!

Take it easy...don't over do it!!!! Get your rest in!!!!

I love you and miss you soooooooooooooo very much!!!!!!!!


YOUR BELLY IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FREAKING CUTE!!!!!!!!

PS - I'm going to pick up my dress today!!!! I hope the color looks good on me?!?!? I'm worried about my skin tone!!! I'm so white now - I don't tan since the skin cancer!!! I'm going to go spray tan next week and the week after!!!!

17 MORE DAYS TILL WE SET SAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"J" said...

Sorry for the long comment!!!! I had so much to say! lol

What else is new!!! =)

"J" said...

PS - The Asian thing!!!! OMG that cracks me up!!!! That is a HICK town for ya!!!!! You can tell those people don't get out much!!!!!

"J" said...

Tell HOF I've got his back with the HICKS!!!!!! lol =)

CPA Mom said...

Georgia..the South...I don't have to tell you what racists we have in the South!

I've GOT to travel with you...free food!!! Wowsa!

Anonymous said...

Wow! How amazing, the food and the hotel sound great!

Love the photos, Bench warmer is getting big! though I must take issue you do not look huge as you told me in an email you look amazing!

Can't believe people stared at you, how freaky.

SJINCO said...

Being from Va. and doing a fair share of traveling into the southern states myself, I totally know what you are talking about - people from the south are....odd. To put it nicely.

The free food is awesome :)

Emma in Canada said...

You are a fabulous looking pregnant gal! Not that you don't look fabulous when not pregnant. You know what I mean!