CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

trying to get in the groove

MIL went home for the weekend and came back on Monday. She will be here until Friday and then will be here for good after our Disney trip.

It has been really nice, but there are some growing pains. As a woman, I can be a little territorial of my kitchen. I don't allow anyone to wash dishes or anything. (Since we do them by hand.) I have very particular ways of doing a lot of things around my house. So, I'm having to get used to someone doing them a different way. Which is okay-- it just takes some getting used to. And some letting go on my part.

But other than that, it has been really nice. Really nice. In fact, I tried to talk HOF into taking his mother with us on vacation. (it was a no go)

I am feeling rather spoiled at this point. I have my once a month mom's night this week. I rarely even go, but I wanted to go to this one. It is never a BIG deal, but we do have to coordinate HOF getting home on time. Which usually is right at the edge of the time when I need to leave, and I have a small panic attack because I freak out if I'm late. But this week, I will just leave. If HOF isn't home yet, MIL will be here. No big deal. I have to make an appetizer to take. So, MIL asked if she could make fried (homemade) won tons and a dessert for me to take--- uhm, YES!! AND I got to vacuum my whole upstairs today! This is huge! I never get to do it all at once. When I vacuum, it takes forever, because I always vacuum all the floorboards and use the attachment to get corners and the edges of the floor. (thanks dog hair!) So, it takes quite a while. I never am able to do the whole floor because of watching Punter. Well, now I have someone to entertain him. He is getting more attention, watching less tv, and just having a better time than with just me around.

My house is cleaner, I have someone cooking for me and a full-time babysitter. I think I can deal with the dishes being done the "wrong" way. *smile*

I'm still a little nervous... but for now it is going great!

4 comments:

Beckie said...

Great!! So far so good - it sounds like it will all be fine! I'm so glad for you - I know extra hands (and eyes) around the house can be very helpful.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it is all going well for you guys. It's really nice that you get on so well. I am finding the thought of my MIL for a week hard :)

"J" said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh wow!!! It sounds GREAT to me!!! I want some fried won tons....tell MIL I'm craving her food!!!!!

I was thinking about making a trip to your neck of the woods at the end of summer - prob just me!!! Mr. "S" will be out of vacation with the cruise, the reception party (all his Ohio family is coming down so he is taking off work for 3 days) and Lil Miss H being here this summer!!! So let me know what you think?!?!?

Heather and I have been talking in emails here and there!!! As well as Mary! They would like for me to make the trip over and see them as well!!! I told Heather you were prego and that I wanted to come see you and baby too!!!! Along with Punter & HOF!!!!

So maybe I can work something out for a long weekend!!!

A Spot of T said...

Sounds like a little slice of heaven to me. I'm sure your MIL is feeling the same way and wanting to make it work. It certainly sounds like she is trying very hard. Here's hoping everything continues to be good!