CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Apparently, we are all stupid

So I looked up "for all intents and purposes" to see who was correct.

check it out, if you want.

Or just let me quote from the last part of the page-

It is important to avoid malapropisms as far as possible, as some people take them as a hallmark of ignorance and lack of education.

So, basically we are uneducated or just plain stupid if we use that phrase... correctly or incorrectly.

oh, and "for all intents and purposes" is correct... stupid, but correct.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks for clarifying I'm stupid! : )

Anonymous said...

well I guess it only matters if you're a lawyer.

Typing that I just caught my you're which I do all the time as your - very bad - but Rachel in Friends does it too so good company!

have you heard more from J?

BS said...

Just today, I overheard a co-worker say "for all intensive purposes" and immediately thought of you and your post !