**First update on J. She is back at work today, but they don't really have internet. They have one wireless card. She still doesn't have power, but her office does. She is hoping to get power by Monday. Poor thing! She will try to post today, but doesn't know if she can. But, she misses everyone!
I just seem to have the golden touch lately!
My charity had some great news when I woke yesterday morning. A casino (the one that starts with an H and rhymes with Farrah) decided to come back as a sponsor. They are a killer sponsor! Last year they came in at gold ($5000) and then they went above and beyond. They sent 4 casino dealers to volunteer at our tables, they sent their Executive Chef to cook for us. Except we didn't have a kitchen. So he made all of the delicious, cold, seafood salads and transported them (they aren't even in the same STATE as us) and served them himself. They also gave us a weekend getaway. Not to mention they brought a ton of swag and presented us with a big fake check-- who doesn't love a big fake check?? We are still working out the details, but they are hands-down my favorite group to work with! They haven't decided what level they are sponsoring us, but I'm sure it will be at least gold!
And then when I woke this morning, I had an email from the big red soft drink company-- Gold level sponsor!! And they provide all of our non-alcoholic drinks. Which we have about 600 people, so it is pretty cool!
And today I had my talk with the big grocery store that starts with a K and they all but guaranteed that they will support my moms group and our Halloween party.
I tell you-- they should bottle me and sell me at gambling joints! *smile*
I'm getting pretty busy with all that I have going on. Planning my charity event- October 18th. Planning the Halloween party- October 15th. Planning L's shower- October 25th.
I took a break from everything the other day and Punter and I went to the park and played for 2 hours. It was so much fun. I am making sure to take a lot of time for him in between all my craziness. Saturday we have a charity event... it's talk like a pirate day on Friday and this group is throwing a fundraiser on Saturday. They are donating all of the money to my charity. So I have to go and give a speech. But it should be a ton of fun. It is at a miniature golf course and it's $5 per person, but that includes lunch and all the games and stuff... not bad! Plus we get to dress up like pirates.
oh, and since I am super cheap-- we are now all going as pirate's for Halloween. No way I am buying two costumes for everyone!
I'm having fun sewing (when I find a spare minute), but I am taking it slow. I don't want to get in over my head and get frustrated, so I'm just doing a little at a time. But I love it so much! I wish I owned my own fabric store!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
golden touch
Posted by Frannie at 2:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
wow, you do have the Midas touch these days! congrats!!!
Way to go!!!
You go girl!! Sounds like 'fun' busy though!!
COngratulations! That is awesome! Will you buy me some lottery tickets for me? Awesome!
OH, BTW- read this:
http://lbratina.blogspot.com/2008/09/is-secret-santa-are-you.html
Sounds fun!If you have the time.
Excellent news, you definitely have the golden touch!
Congratulations!Yes, it´s true you have definitely have the golden touch!
Sweet!! Can you get some lottery tickets for me or enter some giveaways on line for me? thanks much!
LOL! That is just awesome news!
Post a Comment