CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

sewing pictures

Okay- as requested here are some of my pics.

First I started by making a burp cloth. It wasn't horrible, but it was a very good learning experience! I didn't take a picture of that. I will wait until I make a good one!
So yesterday, I tried my hand at making a tissue holder for those small packages of tissues that you keep in your purse. Like an idiot, I gave it away before I took a picture. But, I took a picture of the one I made today! I am really proud of myself! As I told my Granny, if I hadn't made it myself, I wouldn't even realize it is some crappy homemade thing! I did a really good job. On both of them. So good, in fact, that this is what my friend L wants me to do as the shower favor for her baby shower. I am going to make tissue holders for all the guests. I know it isn't anything fancy, but I think I did an excellent job for someone that taught themselves how to sew and for this only being the 2nd and 3rd project I have ever done. I don't really know what I am doing, so I make it up as I go along. Which probably makes it easier. I have less rules to inhibit me. I figured out that it is easier to cut the fabric, if I make myself a pattern. Probably another reason why the first burp cloth didn't turn out that great. That is probably what I have the hardest time with- cutting the fabric. I don't even know how I would cut fabric for a big project.
anyway- here are my pictures.
This is my sewing machine:
This is my tissue holder:

Be gentle with me-- remember I have been sewing for all of 3 days or something equally ridiculous!

11 comments:

"J" said...

HOLY MAC MOLY! You ROCK! You did SUCH a freaking GREAT job!!!! I love it!!! Now I want one to carry in my purse!!!! I love it!!!!!!

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooo PROUD of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to teach yourself!!!!!

Unknown said...

Fancy stuff, chickita!! That looks great! Love the fabric, too :)

A Spot of T said...

Looks great to me! I'm in the process of looking for a sewing machine and I can't wait to get started on some projects for the winter months. Thanks for sharing, you did a fantastic job.

Anonymous said...

That looks good enough to sell! It is fabulous imagine what you'll be producing in 3 weeks! In 3 months you'll have a shop and 3 years be ruling the New York Fashion shows with your own "Little Sunny"

Well done :)

Steffi said...

Great job!You can be really proud to you!Perfect!I love it and great choice of fabrics!
Your sewing machine is very good and looks better as mine!
I can´t wait to see your next projects....

my4kids said...

You did a great job! I love them. I wouldn't mind one myself.

I left you a little award on my blog if you want to check it out.

Beckie said...

Fantastic! I am totally impressed!

Julie said...

Way to go girlie - that's adorable!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I am so impressed. I couldnt do that!Great job!

la bellina mammina said...

Oh wow! Way to go!! I am not good at sewing!!:-(

Emma in Canada said...

I am mucho impressed. I couldn't sew a straight line to save my life.