CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

glimpses of my sunshine

I have been really busy lately, whew!! It's not a bad thing-- just a fact. It is getting increasingly harder for me to balance all the aspects, but I think attitude is half the battle. So, it isn't really getting to me too much.

My charity event is October 18th, the Halloween party that I (and my friend L) am in charge of is the 15th, L's baby shower that I am hosting is the 25th, L's daughter's birthday party is next weekend, oh, and I know I am missing something in there. On top of that, my parents have decided that they want me to help with their business. I love the work, but it has been a big adjustment. And a lot of time that I am already short on. The good thing is, they are flexible and will take me when they can get me. The bad thing is that I love doing it, so I spend too much time on it. *smile*

Everything is going great, though. If I could just give up sleeping, so that I had extra time, everything would be perfect!

I have been finding some time to create. Well, more like making the time. It really helps keep me centered and sane! I "graduated" from the tissue holders and made a great little item. But, it is for Z's birthday, so I can't show a picture yet. But I will soon. I am so proud of myself.

Onto picture catch up!!

HOF's 15 year college reunion was this weekend.... here we are. HOF bought me a fabulous dress for the occasion! We got a great deal, too. It was a brand new item that came into Banana Republic only 2 days prior. The petite version was $185- while the regular one was $150. I said something about it and the cashier gave it to us for the $150--- and then we got 30% off! It wound up being about $110. We never spend that kind of money on clothes, but HOF wanted to get me something special. I love it!! And I will wear it until it is in pieces! This is Punter and I at a fundraiser that donated all the money to my charity. It was "talk like a pirate" themed. We had fun! And because I am way too cheap to buy costumes twice, we will be pirates for Halloween.


Just a picture of my cutie! We went to a book store at a shopping center one day and he wanted to walk all around. We had such a relaxing day and he loved looking at the fountain.

Us at the ball game--- check out how close we were to the action.... only 8 rows off the field!! My parents gave us the tickets.






HOF and Punter at a little party we went to.




Life is great! Busy, but oh, so many blessings. We have been enjoying the cooler weather, but I know all too soon it will be cold. We are enjoying football, and warm snuggles under the comforter, the hum of the sewing machine, the lure of too many books that are free from my parents, the fast rhythm of our life right now, the much needed breaks and reconnecting and just being a family. I am one lucky gal!






9 comments:

my4kids said...

Great pictures! Glad to hear things are going well although sounds very busy. It will get real busy here in November when we have birthdays and holidays hit. I'm already busy enough though how it is!

A Spot of T said...

I think you hit it right on when you wrote "but I think attitude is half the battle". So many people would be complaining about being so busy but you're taking it by the horns and having a great time while doing it. Can't get any better then that :o)

"J" said...

I love the pirate pic! Yall are so dang cute!!!!! =) I love the pic of you and HOF! Great dress you SEXY thing!!!! =) I'm sure you felt like a queen that night!

Sounds as if you are very busy! =) Hang in there I'm sure the next few month will be crazy - at least until after the holidays are over!

Okay, I love the baseball game seats! WOW! Those ROCK! Your mom and dad so need to hook us up with those seats when I come down - when ever that might be! =)

Mr. "S" and I went to the Braves vs Astros game Friday night - We had GREAT sets 2 row in the Crawford boxes which is in left field!!! I was SAD the braves lost! =( Dang them! I did manage to get a food storage pantry/cabinet out of Shad because we bet that the Astros would sweep the Braves and I said NO WAY NO HOW! He said if the Astros swept the Braves then I had to pay for the pantry and if the Braves pulled off one win then he would pay for the pantry! =)

Thanks for the text this weekend =) The move went pretty good! I still have to go back to the apartment to get more stuff packed and then clean! UGH! I'm going to turn the key in tomorrow!

I hope you have a WONDERFUL week!!!

XOXO
Love you & Miss you!!!

Unknown said...

great pics! October's going to be a busy month for everyone, I think. Good luck with your party & charity event!

CPA Mom said...

I love the pictures - Punter is such a cutie - patootie!! And you and HOF are such a cute couple!! You really inspire me with your attitude too - love how you look at life!

Julie said...

Ok, why would the petite be $35 more? I hope it was a mistake and not them trying to rip you off?

Steffi said...

Great pictures my dear Giants fan.You have such nice little family!Nice to see you all!I am glad that everything is okay!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having a fun and busy time. You're such a beautiful family, lovely pics!

Great bargain on the dress too I can't believe they were selling it for more in the Petite size!

SJINCO said...

Love the photos of you and your family! You have such an inspiring attitude, such a great outlook on life....

You are so awesome :)