I like my sleep. I like it a lot. When Punter was little and didn't sleep through the night until 18 months old (seriously), I lived through it. I spent, I think it was 9 months straight without EVER sleeping for more than 4 hours. I live through it. And the 4 hours? That was a llloooonnnnggg stretch for him. I lived through it. He refused to drink from a bottle. He wanted it straight from the tap. So, not only did I get up every couple of hours, but I nursed him every couple of hours. I lived through it.
But, now, not so much. I am a lot less patient in the middle of the night. (unless he is sick) Sure, I get him his sippy cup of water and then put it back down. But that is about the extent of my willingness to participate in nighttime games. Anything more than that and you have one pissed Mama.
Usually that is all there is... but last night? oh, my son was a gem last night.
Punter likes to scratch me for comfort. I don't know why he started doing this. I don't know why he likes doing it. I do know that I HATE it. I have always tried to curb him from doing it. He has done it since he was six months old or so and still continues. And I HATE it. I try not to hate it, as I obviously can't get him to stop. But I do hate it. It drives me up the wall. If I let him, he will scratch me until I bleed. What I try to get him to do is just rub me with his fingernails, which works pretty well-- if he is awake. When he is asleep-- I have a little Freddy Kruger on my hands.
Last night he would. not. stop. scratching my stomach. (that is where he always scratches.) And he kept whining about it. I was about to launch him off the bed! And at one point he started screaming because he wanted me to take my tank top off because the shelf bra was inhibiting his scratching! HOF says he remembers me sitting up and yelling at him "I am NOT going to take my shirt off. Leave me alone." Punter is lucky my language wasn't more colorful than that.
So, I will be listing him on Craig's list this morning. I doubt I will have any takers... anyone want a whiny baby that scratches?
I will probably be stuck with him. Good thing he is cute.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
why my son is for sale on Craig's list today.....
Posted by Frannie at 8:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
OH MY GOSH! I would FLIP out too! lol ~ Some reason I can soooooooooooooooooo picture all of this!!!! lol
You poor thing! I hope yall get to take a good nap long today!
You cracked me up with the comment you left about me hanging out the car/truck window! HA! You soooooooooooooo know me!!!!! =)
The scratching would bother me too.
I'm not a very patient person when my sleep is disrupted - not at all.
Ouch - that must be painful.
Everything is always 10x worse when you're sleep deprived too - at least in this house that's true! : )
Interesting post!Yes, I can understand you and agree with you and the other comments.Some nights can be hard when you have a little child!
Have a nice day nevertheless!
Can you give him something else to scratch? That would make me bananas! I need my sleep and my SKIN intact!
Izzak used to twirl my hair in his fingers. He started when he was about 3 or 4 months old while nursing. He would end up getting it knotted in his little fingers and pulling. It hurt! He was not happy when I cut it. He actually still does it a bit now when he sits close to me although not as bad or much of course...
They are all lucky they are cute! I think little kids and babies are cute for a reason. So we don't sell them on ebay....
Post a Comment