CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

sew!

Well, I jumped right in and sewed my first project today. I learn so much more from "doing" rather than "reading".

I am making some burp cloths for my friend, L. (She is pregnant.) I totally messed it up, but I was really proud of myself for trying and for doing it. I learned that I had paired two totally wrong fabrics. One was a cotton and one had some kind of lycra or something in it. I'm sure an advanced sewer could have put the two together, but I had issues. The lycra thing kept stretching and going wrong. But the burp cloth is usable! I will keep this one for myself and I will go back and buy some other material to pair with the cotton. Now I just have to figure out what to do with all that stretchy fabric!

I feel so accomplished!

9 comments:

BS said...

Practice makes perfect. Two thumbs up to you for trying. Good Job.

Steffi said...

Great job!!!I am so proud to you!!!I wish I could live in your neighbourhood and I could sew with you!!!!Fantastic!Please show us some pics of your first things which you sewed!

Anonymous said...

Well done, I'm impressed!

Julie said...

I am totally useless with a sewing machine but kudos to you for a great project!

Beccy said...

Cool, I'm impressed. As Steffi says, photos would be good.

Have you ever thought about joining plurk? It's great.

"J" said...

You go girl!!!! =) I'm so PROUD of you!!!! I would LOVE to learn how to sew!!!! I want to make throw pillows!!! lol

"J" said...

Yes! Show pics!!! Come on! I'm sure it looks great!!!!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

YEAH! That is awesome. Handmade gifts are THE BEST!

CPA Mom said...

I can't even turn a machine on. Good on you!!