so, as I said I would... here is a picture of what I had to throw away this week. A mango. That's $1 down the drain.
I would be pretty proud of myself, but there is a fridge downstairs with several things that have just minutes... certainly not days left. so, I'm thinking that I will be snapping some more pics in the near future.
although, I did have something "trip" me up a bit. A friend was going out of town and brought over some food. Some of it, her leftovers, so that is making it a little more difficult for me. But, I'm still counting it all in the challenge.
Anyway, our fourth was good. I was really worried about how Little Punter would do with the fireworks. For the first time, I went to a major fireworks celebration. I don't do well with crowds that large and have never had the guts to go. But we went with our cousins and aunt and uncle (the ones that I adore and that Punter loves more than ice cream!) We figured that his cousins would be able to calm him down, if the noise upset him. Dude. This kid laid down in my lap and was the most at ease and comfortable he has ever been in his life. He wasn't bothered by the sound at all!!! The day was nice, but I don't know if I will ever feel the need to go watch fireworks with 500,000 people ever again. (that was our guess at how many people were there during the day) We didn't get home until midnight-- we were tired!
HOF is still off work. He's been home since Thursday and will be back tomorrow. I wish he could always stay home with us! He even went with me on a mommy playdate this morning!!! God, I love him!!!
We are right in the middle of planning Punter's birthday party! It is going to be great! although my cake quote was $300, so I'm still working out that detail! :) The whole party is going to be really inexpensive because we already have almost all the decorations, but I think it is going to be really cute! My dear friend, L, is helping me with a lot of stuff. She is an artist and is going to help me paint the "stands" (sports theme- in case you didn't know) and some other stuff.
I am also in the middle of party planning for my moms group. L and I are in charge of the 4 parties for the moms and kids. Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's and Easter. We are doing things way different than they did in the past. We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) group, so we decided to take advantage of it. We are asking for all kinds of donations for prizes and food and supplies!! all in exchange for advertising! If anyone knows any companies geared towards moms/ kids that you think would like to participate, please let me know!
so, that's it. Just busy and unmotivated. I hate when I'm like that! But, it's okay. I think it is just my charity work that is getting me blah... but it will be over before too much longer and I will step away as chair. I can't do it anymore. And I am happy to pass it along.
Hope that you are all off to a great week!!

7 comments:
That is one sad looking mango!!
Congrats on your first 4th fireworks show. I'm right with you on the whole concept that it's too big of a crowd. I can't remember when I started to be bothered by large numbers of people but the thought of it now... bleah!
Wow only one mango well done! So far I am doing good usually I just buy random things but this week I have all our meals planned so fingers crossed their will be no waste!
The 4th sounds fun, can't believe I was in the UK.
Punters b-day sounds great too, looking forward to the photos :)
Do you have Gymboree down your way? They would be a good one to ask.
I understand completely. I am unmotivated and have a to do list a mile long!
I was going to say ask The Little Gym!
I'm soooooooooooooooooooooo glad Punter liked the fireworks! Did yall get any pics?
I took a ton of pics from this crazy weekend! I need to post! I've been so BLAH about posting! BAD BAD BAD me!
I can't wait to see the decor for Punters b-day! =)
Ok, I'm glad you explained that was a mango - i was like what is that! One mango isn't too bad - I've thrown away much more recently : (
Nice picture of your mango.Really big thing!Punter´s birthday party sounds great and I hope you take many pics of his party ;O)).
Post a Comment