CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wedding Contest Time, Baby!!!!!

Hey y'all! It is time, once again, for a wedding contest!!!

I am virtual maid of honor to my bff, J, over at Musings from Left Field. Who, like 2/3 of the blogiverse, is in a blogging funk right now.

Well, snap out of it, people!!!! Get those creative juices flowing! It's time for a fun contest. You don't have to "know" J to enter-- or me either for that matter. It's open to anyone, anywhere. And you get to win some crappy awesome prize. Plus bragging rights... you can never win enough bragging rights. You don't have to link to enter, but it would be fun to get more people involved, so link away, if you want.

Want to know what to do? Make a bridal bouquet for J. That's it. Best bouquet wins. "Best" being a totally relative term that will be defined by the judges-- J and me. You can do that right? Easy, no problem,piece of cake!!! You will be judged on creativity and appearance of the bouquet. And YOU have to make it. Okay, if you have kids, they can help. But the entrant must do most of the work.

And before anyone complains that someone with kids is allowed to get help and they have an advantage--- trust me, it is not an advantage. It is for more hindrance than advantage. I just know that kids would ask if they could help. Because they are bent on destroying everything their parents come near. Have you ever had a kid "help" with laundry? Oh holy hell! That takes like 15 hours per load!

oh, sorry. I got off topic.

Entries are due by Tuesday morning at 8am- NY Giants time. (Tuesday the 15th.) You must put a picture(s) up of your entry on your blog and leave a comment here on this post. If you are opposed to that, you may email me your entry. Just please be sure it is sized the correct way. And you may enter this way, if you do not have a blog.

oh, I forgot to mention. You can't use flowers. Anything else, but no flowers or plants of any type. (except, of course, the ones you make from other materials)

Good luck!!!!!!!

17 comments:

CPA Mom said...

no flowers?????

I AM in a funk too. I want to sleep for a long, long time and wake up in the fall.

"J" said...

This cracks me up! CPA Mom emailed me and said no flowers and I was like...HUH? She said go read Sunny Little Blog! lol =) This is going to be FUN FUN FUN!!!!!

I can't wait to see what people are going to come up with! Hey...You never know! I might use it for my wedding! HA! I can't take real flowers on the cruise with me! So get tropical and get creative! I can't wait to see what yall come up with!!!!!

CPA Mom said...

so can we use fake flowers?

Anonymous said...

No flowers??

Help!

well hopefully it will shift the funk will have to get thinking, paper flowers are okay right?

Anonymous said...

oh I just had SUCH a good idea, not ure if I am creative enough to pull it off though :)

"J" said...

I just posted on my blog with a few hints and a few things I like!!!! =)

Maybe this will help!

I posted pics of flowers I was looking at...lol...even though you can't use them! =)

Kristin - The Goat said...

I hear ya about the blogging funk (I'm not in one personally) the people who I like to read are in them and I'm going crazy. LOL

I'll get in on this bouquet thing. I made flowers for my wedding out of crepe paper. I glammed up my tennis shoes with sequins and lace to wear with my dress. I will think of something fun. Count me all in!

Have a great day!
Kristin

Kristin - The Goat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ChrisB said...

I don't think I will be able to enter this but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's creations.

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm glad I have some time to think and ponder, we'll see if I have any creative juices.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

you're right, I HAVE been in a funk...but this sends me in deeper! Much thought. MUCH.Crud.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

DONE!

Mine is up. NO one copy!
http://lbratina.blogspot.com/2008/07/my-contest-entry.html

BS said...

Count me in !!

Steffi said...

I don´t know if I have a great idea...it´s difficult to have an idea without flowers ;O)).

Amy W said...

I am so in a funk it isn't even funny.

Anonymous said...

I almost missed out on this contest. I've posted pictures of my bouqet. I have to say that my camera skills do not speak justice of how beautiful the bouqet really turned out. You can check them out anyways at http://ytummytreat.blogspot.com

Good luck to everyone.

my4kids said...

Sounds like a great contest. I'm not crafty at all at the moment though I can wait to see the entries!
I agree kids can sometimes be a hinderance in getting things done!
I'm slowly pulling out of my blogging slump it was just really busy there for awhile..