Is it just me, or is the blogisphere looking like a ghost town lately?? It seems comments are down (not just here) and that people aren't posting that much. Maybe because it is summer? After all, it is a holiday week... here in America, I mean.
So, in light of that, I am waiting until next week for the wedding contest. Here's a hint-- you will have to get your creative juices going!
For now, though, I am starting my own challenge. I'm not challenging anyone else, just myself. But you can participate, if you want! :)
One area that I noticed, awhile back, that I was losing money in, is throwing food out. I go to the farmer's market and buy so many yummy things, only to throw a third of it away. Or I toss leftovers. Not a big fan.
So, on trash day this week, I cleaned out the fridge. I have a fresh slate.
Anything that I throw away, I will take a picture of it and post it. This will be a once a week thing. Probably Mondays.
In an effort to cut down on my waste, I am going to publicly embarrass myself.
And you know what?
It's already working.
I made some corn on the cob last night that was starting to head into the danger area. Because I didn't want to take a picture of it.
We will see how it goes!
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Being Centsible-- A Challenge!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Frannie at 7:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
That is a cool idea! =) I will try and do it with ya! HA!
I always throw out lunch meat or fruits and veggies! Yeah and left-overs!
I haven't been posted! I'm just kind of busy and blah and don't feel like it! Weird...huh?
I still have 2 or 3 vac days to post from when Lil Miss "H" was here! Plus this weekend is going to be a "PARTY"! =) I'm dressing up as for our parade! The pics are going to be funny I'm sure! We have a HUGE weekend planned! I love the lake! Everyone always wants to come up and hang out!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! It's nice to "meet" you!
This is a good idea you have. Not sure I am ready for that kind of embarrassment yet, but it would be a good motivator to stop wasting so much food. I am guilty of it myself. I stock up on things when they go on sale and alot of times they expire before I use them :(
Oh yes, it is terribly quiet out there in bloggy land these days.
I love it - public embarrassment! : )
Thinking about you posting pictures as a send off to old food has me giggling like made.
Good luck with your challenge!
And I'm blogging and I'm around responding :D
Things are quiet aren't they.
Love your idea but I'm not sure I'm ready to do it, the shock might kill me. Although I did throw everything out before we went away so I do have a clean slate!
Looking forward to the creative comp :)
Nice post and great idea....Have a nice day!
There have been a lot of articles in our papers about how much food is thrown away in the UK. I am a bit guilty but do try to use up most things.
oh, yes, i agree. the blogosphere has definitely been a ghost town this week.
yup - definitely a good challenge. Though food runs out fast in this mad household of 4 males!!! LOL! Good luck!
I have been in a blog rut, but I am stepping it up next week. Join me at the island.
Good luck with the leftovers. I am Queen of leftovers. My friends give me grief.....but we DO eat it.
Glad to know that I am not the only one in a rut. I am also glad that I am not the only one who throws money right into the garbage. Leftovers are not my biggest fan so I have just been down sizing our meals and noticing that we arent eating as much because its not there to eat. On the fruit I try to chop half of it up into a fruit salad or something. I find that it goes faster when they can just grab it out of the fridge ready to go. I hate peeling and chopping so that is something I have to do before I even put it away or it won't get done. I will try to do this with you because since I have started working part time I am slipping back into bad habits and hopefully this will help keep me from doing that.
Post a Comment