not the best title, but hey, it's a title!
I just hosted a huge playgroup at my house for my moms group. It was fun. hectic and stuff, but fun. I'm been cleaning and preparing food for 2 days! I was pretty nervous, but it was successful. I served veggies and dip, fruit, sausage balls, cookies and crackers-- I think that's it. People loved the sausage balls.
Punter and I made the cookies yesterday from scratch. It was his first real kitchen project with me. What fun! He did a great job until we got to the chocolate chips. Then for some mysterious reason he totally forgot what "pour into the bowl" meant and thought it meant "pour into my mouth". He was too cute! I kept saying "put it in the bowl" and he would laugh and say "no" and put them in his mouth! But we turned out some pretty good cookies! A little too much vanilla extract can be a very good thing!
We all had a good weekend. Mostly just running errands and such-- but anytime spent together is a great time! We love to hang out. We also got some yard work done-- another good thing.
If you will allow me, I just want to gush a moment. I know I do this a lot and I thank you all for not telling me to hush up. But I am just so blessed. I love my husband so much that it still makes me cry. If I, even for a second, contemplate what would happen if I lost him, I am consumed with the most crushing sadness. I love him so much and am so thankful that we have each other. We have such a great little family. Our son is one of the most well behaved children that I have ever known. And in all my years as a nanny, I've known a lot of kids. He is so sweet and good natured. I know if we ever had a second child that I will have a little hellion, so I take every moment I can to be thankful for the one I have. *smile* My husband takes such good care of us. He is always making sure that we have a secure future and that we will always be warm and comfortable. And we try to make memories for our family. I want our son to grow up with no doubt that he is loved and treasured. Life is so fleeting. We have but such a short time to enjoy one another. And we try to spend as much time together as possible.
sorry for all that! I just can't help myself. Life is so good!
Don't forget that the contest (see post below) ends tomorrow! Better get those entries in!!!!!
A very happy Monday to you!
Monday, July 14, 2008
new post
Posted by Frannie at 1:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
I am trying to post my "bouquet" and blogger isn't being very user-friendly at the moment. I will try again later this evening.
OK - blogger is cooperating now !! My post is up.
I posted my bouquet as well. It is made from shells.
Congrats on the wonderful husband and great play group.
I posted my bouquet as well. It is made from shells.
Congrats on the wonderful husband and great play group.
Sounds like a fun play group.
You can gush all you want you have a great little family and this is your blog to do with as you like. I like to hear you talk about them like that.
That sounds like fun!!
And what a tribute to your husband :-)
Sounds like a funny weekend!
Very nice tribute to your husband!
That is so sweet I'm so glad your happy and enjoying life and that the play group went well :)
Hey, this new site is done by a friend of mine and I thought of you immediately!! http://afrugalhousewife.com/
xoxo
Glad to see nothing has changed in my absence!
Sounds like you hosted a wonderful day for the playgroup and what a great tribute to your family.
Post a Comment