CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

pictures!

The party went very well. I'm going to post about it soon, but I wanted to put these pictures up, or I knew I would never do it.

We've been testing out a lot of Montessori activities lately. Punter has really taken to them. I've been doing a lot of research into Montessori and really like many of the activities they do-- and most of them can be done at home. Here Punter is taking popcorn kernels and transferring them from the larger bowl to the smaller pitcher with a spoon. And then when he is done, he gets to pour them back into the bowl. Or on himself-- depending up on how he feels at the time!
Note: please excuse his nakedness-- most of his life is like that!
We've also been doing a lot of sorting and such with colors, shapes, sizes etc! It has been a ton of fun and I tell you-- my little man is smart!!
I have also seen this on a ton of mommy blogs and thought we would give it a try-- lunch in a muffin tin. (except I give Punter the silicone muffin pan, because it is more colorful) He really seems to like it and it is fun to make. Next we are going to try the 12 cup one!!

Healthy and easy to make!

8 comments:

Julie said...

That's pretty clever!

my4kids said...

We used to do a lot of the spooning things from larger to smaller and vise versa with the kids when they were little. They always loved doing it and they were learning a lot at the same time.

The "lunch in a muffin tin" thing is a good idea, I like it.

Oh and my kids spent a lot of time in just the diaper or undies when they were really little..

Anonymous said...

That is cute and fun. Lovely pictures. Looking forward to hearing all about the party.

"J" said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww he is sooooooooooooooooooooo cute and soooooooooooooooooooooooo smart!!!!!! =)

I love it!

The muffin pan idea is so cool! The food looks so yummy!

Beckie said...

I sent my two oldest to Montessori and I was not disappointed. It is a fantastic program. The only reason I didn't send my youngest is that we moved and it was a little far to drive every day.

This Girl loves to Talk said...

ohhh... I just did popcorn transfering today!! and then I get your comment and came to check you out!! great minds think alike... I get most of my montessori ideas from Chasing Cheerios blog

and I hear ya on the nakedness thing!!

Steffi said...

Lovely pics and it looks delicious!

SJINCO said...

What a fantastic idea.....I like it! And I'm stealing the idea too :)