CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

two!

So, today, my little man is two. Wow-- two. When did that happen? He is becoming so grown up! I remember back when at 9 months we were told that he needed to be evaluated because he was so far behind. And we followed everything so closely, because he was far behind.

And then at our 15 month check-up, Punter recognized every letter in the entire alphabet for the doctor. Not recited them- recognized them. The doctor said that we obviously had nothing to worry about. He is doing great.

And I agree.

He still doesn't talk quite as much as he should- which doesn't worry us. But he is as smart as anything. He knows the whole alphabet, shapes, colors, he can sort and categorize, and he's quite funny. He can even spell a few words. He can tell us what a lot of words start with. I am so happy that he got his Daddy's brain!

Punter continues to amaze me. He is so sweet and generous and just such a good kid. He is very gentle and the second someone comes over to the house, he is so eager to share his toys. I know this may not last very long, so I am loving it while I can!!!

And I have never met a more snuggly child. He always wants to be touching us. He wants to hold onto mommy and daddy for dear life. Not in a scared way, but just in a "be here with me" way.

Little Punter, we love you so very much! You make our family what it is. So warm and loving and full of togetherness. Daddy and I have always been happy, but you bring that to a new level. Our lives are so fulfilled, and you are such a huge part of that.

We wish you the happiest of little birthdays, baby! May everyday continue on leading us to even more treasured memories.

We love you!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw you made me cry, that is such a lovely post. Wow does he sounds smart too and a real sweetheart.

Happy Birthday Little Punter!

Julie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Unknown said...

Happy 2nd birthday, LP!

And GF, don't sell yourself short. Your little man is smart because BOTH of his parents are smart, not just daddio.

"J" said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

I can't wait to see pictures from the party!!!!!!! =) I know it was GREAT!!!!!!!!!

CPA Mom said...

Happy Bday little guy!! 2 is such a special age.

my almost 6 year old still likes the snuggles so you've got some time yet. :-)

ChrisB said...

Happy Birthday to Little Punter.

my4kids said...

Happy Birthday little man!
I agree with Chelle, don't sell yourself short!
I remember when you were worried about him being behind. I'm sooo glad to hear that he is doing so well. You shouldn't worry about how much talks right now when he is doing soo much he sounds so smart. I'm not sure if any of my kiddos except maybe Maddie could do any of those things at 2.

SJINCO said...

Happy belated Birthday to lil' Punter. He sounds like such a sweet and charming boy.

Steffi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY little cute man! I wish you all the best!