CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 18, 2008

open wide!!!

first I want to note that in yesterday's post there was a picture of "white dog". Punter was trying to share the foam. It occurred to me after someone left an innocent comment that white dog looks like he is about to rip Punter's face off of him. That's just the way he looks. He was actually having fun. Just wanted you to know that Punter wasn't torturing the dog! This time, anyway! *smile*



So today, I had my first ever major dental work. I had a root canal. It was supposed to take between 1 1/2 and 2 hours. I sat back there with my mouth cranked open for more than 4 hours!!!! Did you hear me? FOUR hours!!!!!!!

I am not scared of the dentist. But I have horrible anxiety when I feel trapped-- like you might feel in a dentist chair. But after the initial cry, I only cried 3 times during the procedure. I was such a big girl! My mouth is a hot mess right now, though. All that scraping and whatnot did a number on my lips-- which looked like Angelina Jolie lips for awhile.

The anxiety was at a very high level, so I'm pretty proud of myself.

and I had a milkshake for dinner. YUMM!

And thanks so much to HOF for watching Punter while I was gone. He is so sweet!! He tries so hard to make it special when I'm gone. And Punter doesn't make it easy all the time.

I love you, Baby!!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Ugh, 4 hours in the dentists chair is about 3 too many, IMO. And I like the dentist!!

Hope your mouth is feeling better soon!

Beckie said...

Dental work sucks, but it is best to get it over with. I guess I should take my own advice and make an appointment. I dislike going to the dentist very, very much!

Anonymous said...

Hope the swelling goes down in those lips soon. I like Angelina and all, but those lips are something else.

That Chick Over There said...

Oh my dear Lord. Four hours! Bless your heart!

Steffi said...

Oh no,my poor dear Gfan,four hours at the dentist!That´s horrible!I was on thursday at the dentist with the same problem like you and I was over two hours and that´s already enough to me!On next thursday again...But now after the dentist I have more pains as before...
Have a nice Sunday!

la bellina mammina said...

OUCH! That must be tiring too for 4 hours!
I just hate going to the dentist - not afraid, just hate it;-)

Amy W said...

I have the same exact fear...!

Taking notes for you in Disney!!!

Julie said...

4 hours?? I had a root canal once I don't remember it being anywhere near that long. Poor thing!

Anonymous said...

4 HOURS!!!!! I am impressed I would have sobbed through the whole thing.

Emma in Canada said...

Mine wasn't that long, but it was rather torturous so i feel for you!

"J" said...

That cracks me up about the doggie! LOL FUNNY! I didn't even pay attention to that pic! That is just our the white doggie looks...lol =)

I hope your mouth is feeling better! =(

my4kids said...

Sounds like you did better then I would have....I have TMJ so after 4 hours I would have been in misery from my jaw let alone the procedure. Also I have major dentist fears/anxiety. The last time I went just to have a tooth looked at, no work yet. I cried.... It was really sad and I felt like a little kid.

SJINCO said...

Oh....root canal. Ouch.