CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Being Centsible-- I rock

For those of you out there without little mini humans running around, let me fill you in on Stride Rite.

They are good shoes. They offer a real, honest to goodness shoe for a little foot. No corners are cut, no materials are shoddy. They are truly the best shoe out there for the tiny set. We let our son wear plenty of other brands, but if he is doing a lot of walking, we make sure he is in his Stride Rite's!

But, all of that comes with a steep price. Very steep. To the tune of about $50 per pair. I don't even pay that for my own shoes-- and I don't grow out of mine in about 3 months.

Last weekend was tax free shopping. I had a coupon for Stride Rite, so we toyed around with the idea of whether it was worth it to brave the horrendous crowds for an extra 7% off. Hubby then checked the internet. We got all three of the above pictured shoes from Amazon. They were offering tax free, as well. And no crowds. And no gas money spent.

Total cost for all three pair, including shipping and everything????? $42. total. Not per pair.

We rock!!!

And Punter will have some stylish tootsies come fall and winter!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is impressive, well done!

I'm fondly remembering trips to Clark's shoe shop now for my new school shoes, they had a great machine you stuck your foot in to get measured - I think they're banned now!

SJINCO said...

Very, very impressive! I never think to check Amazon for things like that - but next time I WILL.

And what's this business with tax free shopping? I haven't heard of a thing yet in Colorado.

Julie said...

Dang girl! I hadn't even thought about Amazon doing the tax free thing!

CPA Mom said...

SWEET deal! I had NO idea you could get Stride Rite on the internet. Not sure I would without trying the shoes out at the store though - my kids feet need to be measured first at the store and even then, trying them on can reveal a bad fit. We love Stride Rite though!

"J" said...

That is one heck of a deal yall found!!!! I've heard how much those shoes cost!!!!!

I also have bought online and had them give me the tax free credit! It was when Frank was in Iraq and I was shoe shopping for him...remember...gee...how could you forget! lol He was a freak about the shoes I was getting him....

Any ways the store didn't have them once I got home so I went online and they gave me the TAX FREE credit!!! I thought that ROCKED!