CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Where am I?

Not that anyone is really asking. Okay one person did.

Sorry about that. I'm not sure why I haven't been posting. Maybe just because I'm super busy? Or maybe I'm just using that as an excuse. Who knows? I have been super busy though.

I am not in any kind of funk or bad mood or anything. I just haven't felt like making the effort, I guess.

I did have a major "drama" happen. I have alluded to it here several times- you know, the whole good vs. evil deal and all that. (Sorry, I just can't bring myself to be specific about this situation) especially since I WON!!! Had I lost, I was planning on dedicating an entire blog to it- not a blog post, but a blog. But I don't want to seem like a rub it in type of winner. So, I will just say it here: "I Win! I Win! I Win!!!!" My friend, L, and I brought about a huge change and it was rough, but it was honestly for the better. Good triumphed over evil. I did send the loser a nice email and told her that I wished her the best- you know, to show I am the bigger person. She emailed me back and asked if I was being sarcastic! She is so bitter. I honestly feel sorry for people that go through life with that type of attitude. To always be so negative! ugh- so draining. Life is short. And it is what you make it. So smile, I don't know, once every three years or so and enjoy it!!! She is just a miserable person and can't stand it if someone else is happy.

I have really been working hard on the Christmas projects. L and I had our first meeting- which was just to brainstorm and get all the ideas organized. She is pregnant and I am crazy, so our brains don't work that great. We were in a million different directions. We are meeting on Friday to start our first project. It's going to be a kid one. I will do updates along the way and show pictures of our projects. This is going to be great! And I really hope to inspire you to do your own projects. I am just giddy about a homemade Christmas!!!

And, on the biggest news I have- I taught myself to use my fancy sewing machine! Yea me!!! I can sew! Okay- granted I can't do anything fancy yet, but I am on my way. Our first project we are doing requires sewing, so I had to figure it out. And I did! Before I could learn to sew, I had to organize my crafts area. I would call it my "studio" as all the other crafters do, but mine is really just a corner in the playroom. But it is so organized!! I love it! And it contains a fancy sewing machine! Sweet!

We are having non-stop hurricane rain here. We need rain so badly, so I'm not complaining. But Punter does seem to be really affected by the weather.

My other projects include:

a playgroup here at my house tomorrow. It is a book group. We read a book and then cook something relating to it. It was so difficult for me to figure out what to make! I finally decided on "corn dogs". I am going to read runaway bunny, since they go to the circus there. And you eat corn dogs at the circus.

I, along with L, am also planning the Halloween party for our club. It has been crazy! But we are trying to get on track. There has just been a lot of "the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing" with this group.

And, I am also planning L's baby shower! I am so excited about this. I am doing a French countryside theme. It is going to look so cute.

And, my huge charity event is October 18th. I have so much to do for this!

so, my plate is full! Do you think I'm doing enough? Ha!

oh, and my son decided to scream for about two hours in the middle of the night last night. So, he is going up for sale on EBay today. Or maybe I'll just use Craig's list. It's faster.

7 comments:

"J" said...

I'm just glad to know you are okay! =)

You are always so busy!!! So much going on! I don't know how you do it and how you keep up with everything?!?!?!

I'm glad you won, won, won!!! Whoever the evil was ~ let her be gone! HA!

I heard yall were getting LOTS of rain! We were getting rain like crazy last week and over the weekend! Dad's road even flooded over! Today and yesterday nice HOT sunshine!

I can't wait to hear about your craft ideas! It sounds really neat! WAY TO GO YOU for teaching yourself to sew! =) That ROCKS! You are a little Martha Stewart that does it all!!!! Awwwwwww and Halloween my very favorite!!! I can't wait to hear what yall have planned!!! I was just looking at costumes last night!! =)

Unknown said...

Glad you're doing all right. Crazy busy as usual, but that you guys are all ok. I've been thinking about you!

Ahh yes, craft corners. I heart mine. I'd love to learn how to sew, but I've tried. I just don't have it in me.

Take care!

CPA Mom said...

now you need to come and teach ME to sew. Seriously. Pretty please?

I never wonder where you are because I know you are as crazy busy as I am and will pop back in when you can.

I miss you when you are gone though.

Anonymous said...

LOL you make me laugh craig's list!

Christmas already, you are so organised. Looking forward to all the crafty things.

Have fun you busy bee and keep us upadated :)

Oh and I LOVE that you WON! Yeah the good are victorious!

Julie said...

Definately Craig's list - no shipping charges! : )

Well hello, no wonder you are busy - you've got a "few" things on your plate!!!

Steffi said...

Wow...that´s a great long post! I am glad to hear that you are okay.You are always so busy!You work already at christmas projects!Wow!That´s early but good! I wish I had already some ideas what I could do to christmas.I have so much other things and thoughts in my head...

SJINCO said...

Girl....you need to be a professional event planner / coordinator / handler... or whatever it is you call them.

You'd be great at it! Now I need to sit down and take a rest, that post done worn me out!