HOF took the day off so that I could go to some doctors appointments today. First up this morning was the gyno. Fun. I haven't been to one since we moved, so it was a new guy. You know how it goes. Hi there, how you doing, get naked and let me look at your twat. As I said, fun.
And it was so cold in there. I mean really cold. So the dude comes in and gives me the longest ninny exam EVER. It was taking so long that I finally said, "my husband doesn't even spend that much time there" and he moved on. 'Cause I'm all about trying to break the awkward silence of the first meeting and ninny touching.
After he moved on to the pelvic exam... isn't that just so much fun to say..... I (without conscience thought) kept closing my knees slightly. Every time he would come back to that area he would have to ask me to open up my legs more. Finally I said, "I am stark naked in front of a complete stranger-- I'm just trying to make my Mama proud."
But good news-- it's all in working order or something. Although he did ask me to get some kind of blood test to see if I have a pituitary tumor. The dude is smoking crack! But he said it would make him feel better. And, well, I'm all about making the crack smoking doc feel good.
Next I had to go back to do the follow up for my root canal. I, again, panicked a little. Which seems to really annoy the dentist. I told her I'm not scared of the dentist, but I am scared of being confined. I just can't stand being in that chair and not being able to get up and having people all in my face.... it all just freaks me out! What is interesting though, is every time I open up about it a different nurse admits that they have anxiety attacks, too. And the way they say it and the way they ask me questions, makes me think that they haven't told others about it. Which I spent years not telling people about it. I'm sure that people thought I had an eating disorder. As an adult I got down to 65 pounds, simply from anxiety. It is such a hateful disorder. I am so sad for those nurses.
Sorry- I got off the subject. Anyway, when I was there last, I had to pick the type of filling or whatever they call it. The root canal was for the very last tooth on the bottom, so I chose the metal one. It was much cheaper and this was already costing me over $600. Plus it was the very back of my mouth and it was just the top-- it's not like it was the whole tooth. Well, guess what! It's the WHOLE tooth! I have an entire metal tooth in my mouth. It is crazy weird looking. I told HOF that I feel like I have a bionic tooth! He said I look like "Jaws" from 007.
It has been a long day that has left me drained. And as soon as I put Punter to bed he started vomiting. Which almost always means he is coming down with a cold. I hope not!
Off to put my bionic tooth to bed!
Monday, August 18, 2008
both ends, making mama proud and bionic tooth
Posted by Frannie at 10:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Don't feel bad about your tooth! I have one too! Well, mine was going to be white but they have drilled through it to do a 2nd root canal because they didn't do the dang thing right the first time (they didn't get all the roots...most people have 2 or 3 canals...I had more...go figure)and then to top it off a chip broke off of it the other day! JOY JOY JOY! lol
I'm glad to hear your OBGYN appointment went well! I could soooooooooooooooo see you saying those things! That is so you! =)
Phew, what a day you had! Poor punter - I hope he feels better!
The ninny exam made me laugh, but that is just wrong for Dr. Crack to spend so much time on it.
My oldest had that vomiting thing when she had a cold. She eventually outgrew it - thank God.
You make me giggle - you know that, right? Cracking jokes during a pap, you're insane :D
Welcome to the bionic tooth club. We're superwomen, y'know! :D
Ahhh anxiety issues. You seriously don't know how many people deal with some form of anxiety every day. I"m so glad I've gotten my issues under control (at least for now). It's life changing not worrying about it.
I love your comments! I just lie in mortified silence.
Anxiety attacks are rubbish but when you do mention them it seems every second person has them!
Wow a bionic tooth, cool.
Poor "Gfan"!I feel with you!But don´t feel bad about your tooth and I know everything is expensive at the dentist!!You know I had the same problems with root canal like you...but the end was I lost the tooth!The dentist needed over 2 hours for this process...On 1st septemper will be my next "date" with him...
Sorry to hear about Punter!I hope he feels better soon!I'm glad to hear your other doctors appointments was okay.
How great to say all that throughout your examination, I just squirm!
Reading about your visit to the dentist has kind of put me off making an appointment but I really need to be brave and go...
Hope you both feel better tomorrow.
Girlie...where are you? I hope your week went well!
Yall have a GREAT weekend!!!!
xoxoxo
Your comments to your gyno were funny. I've never had enough balls to say something like that to my doctor, but then again I go to a woman. I'm just more comfortable for some reason. But yeah, I hate those appointments too!
I hope Punter isn't getting sick! Have fun with your bionic tooth - must be cool to have one.
*totally jealous*
(well, not really)
Good golly! I hate the day you had. NO fun in any of that. But a bionic tooth....it can have its advantages...I almost sure of i...hmm? Setting of the metal detector in airports. Nah...umm....picking up radio frequencies? Yes, tune it to the sirus kenny chesney or buffet station and its worth its weight in gold.
Hope all is well and baby is better.
HUGS
Heh. You said "twat".
Love what you call the "exam"...!
Post a Comment