Yesterday was just an amazing day-- my triumph continued in several ways-- which is always good! Not to mention that Punter and I had a blast.
It's been raining as I stated in the last post. So, we just decided to play in the rain! When you can't beat 'em, join 'em! We had so much fun playing in the rain and the puddles and stomping around. We got to go out in it twice yesterday. And how comfy is it to slip on some nice warm jammies after a good play in the rain?
I had a lot of stuff to do last night to get ready for the play group today. Luckily it was on a day when L was in charge of dinner. (We sometimes make enough dinner for both families and share.) I had made potato soup for them the day before and she made homemade chili for us-- YUMMY! Another "comfort" on a rainy day. And it was so nice to not have to worry about dinner when I was in the middle of all my preparations.
The playgroup went pretty well today. One kid showed up that his mom didn't rsvp for him and that was a big curve ball. He's the type of kid that I would have put a lot of things away and not served some of the food I did. Other than that, it was great. I read "Runaway Bunny" and we made corn dogs (roll out a refrigerated biscuit, wrap around a hot dog and bake. Once done, insert a colorful popsicle stick- instant corn dog!) to tie in with the "circus" part of the book. The kids loved it! And they tasted pretty good.
Oh, and my blueberry quick bread I made last night??? When Punter and I went to play in the rain, I forgot it. By the time we came inside it was smoking. So, this morning I threw together some homemade blueberry muffins-- the real blueberries make quite a difference!
And now that is one thing I can check of my to do list!
I still have a lot to go, but most of it is stuff that adds much enjoyment to my life. Although if I enjoyed life any more than I already do, I would probably be committed to a mental hospital! It has been really nice to get rid of all that stress from the "good vs. evil" duel. While it did nothing to diminish my overall happiness, I do have to admit that it tired my spirit. As you all know, I have such a love for my life and my family! I get really irritated when something detracts from that. Luckily, HOF supported me the whole way and understood that I had to fight that fight. He's a good hubby-- I'll keep him around for awhile! And Punter can't get enough of him... come to think of it, neither can I!!
Off to work on my next project! Hopefully, I will have a Christmas craft update on Friday! (L isn't feeling well today, so it will depend on how she is if we meet up or not.)
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Happy Day!
Posted by Frannie at 4:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That is soooooooooooo cool that you and L cook for each other! I love it!!!! Plus it helps with the waste of left-overs! I know when I cook we always eat left-overs and then still end up tossing some of it!
I love the fact that you are doing the play group at your home! I think that is just toooooooooooooo cool!!!! You know you are going to be the "COOLEST" mom on the block...right? =)
Sounds like life is ticking and bopping along for you and in the best of ways...yeaaaa!!! :o)
Glad to hear that you could say good riddance to all the drama that was dragging you down.
And I think it's awesome that you and the lil' guy played in the rain. If only I could convince my son of how fun that is....
It´s great to hear a happy day!Blueberry muffins sounds delicious!And a playgroup at your house sounds great too.I think that´s great for Punter to have much kids at home.
Good! Glad the sun is shing on you again, my friend. Come outta the funk. MIssed you.
Post a Comment