CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 1, 2008

Birthday post--- part 1

I wanted to do this in two posts because of the number of pictures.


First, we found out that Punter's BFF, Z, was sick and couldn't make it to the party. We were all so very sad!!! But my dear friend, L, who is Z's mom, came by to bring his gifts. She just amazed us!!! She got him some gorgeous wall art that says "All Star". It's really cool! and she knitted a hat for Punter!!! It is just so cute. But, this- this is what took the cake. I mean look at this chair she created. It is just... I mean, there are not words. There simply are no words to express how I feel about this chair. It is just the sweetest thing ever.



She also created the "J" that is hanging from the chair for us to hang in Punter's room. Punter now makes me sit him on the chair when it is time to put on shoes. He won't let me sit him on the bench any longer. He knows it's his and that's where he wants to sit!!! And he is so grateful for it. Not as grateful as his mama, but still- he's in love with it!

We started off the morning picking up the cake. This thing was huge. and weighed about 15 pounds or something insane. It took up half the car. On the way, we picked up our younger cousins, so that they could come over and help us out. They were lifesavers!!! As you know from reading here, we just love having them around!!


We wanted to make popcorn and hang some of it up, for people to pull down and put some in boxes like a vendor would carry. Our little cousin, A, came up with a wonderful kettle corn recipe. So, we spent all morning making kettle corn and garlic salt popcorn. Yummy! The picture is dark, but you get the idea for the popcorn hanging. It was very cute.Some of our decorations....more to come later

12 comments:

Julie said...

SO cute. And that chair - wow! What a special gift!

"J" said...

I love it!!! I love love love love love the popcroen idea!!! The cake is amazing!!!!!! =)

LOVE IT!!!!

The chair is GREAT too!!!!
WOW! I wished I could have been there!

I can't wait to see more pictures!!!!

XOXO

Anonymous said...

oh WOW what an amazing birthday party looks like you went all out. I second J I LOVE it!

And that chair how cool is that? No wonder LP loves it to bits.

"J" said...

You have a lil something~something over at my blog!

XOXO

Unknown said...

Hah, awesome! Love the chair, cake, popcorn, everything! Great theme :)

That Chick Over There said...

That chair is AMAZING!

my4kids said...

Love it! That chair is too cute. What a great friend to make it for him. I love the decorations also they are great!

Steffi said...

Wow...what for great birthday gifts !You have nice friends!Sorry to hear that the little birthday child was sick on his big day!
Your decoration is perfect!

ChrisB said...

That looks great and what a lovely chair I bet he loves it :)

CPA Mom said...

WOWSA - you should be a party planner! I love the scoreboard! and the cake - who made that?! AWESOME! what wonderful ideas and I bet you spent like $2. Help me with my princess party, please!

SJINCO said...

Love the chair! What a special momento for him as he grows up! And the cake! Mmmm delicious I bet!

You did such a great job, you really did!

Amy W said...

What a great job you did!!