CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Emotional Games

Is it just me- or do the Olympics make you weep?

It is so beautiful and so awe-inspiring. Most of those athletes are kids. I mean they are just children. And they are standing for something so much bigger than they are. So much history, so much hope and so much to believe in. It just reduces me to tears every time. I don't care what country is on that podium come time for medals- it makes me cry. The pride they feel and the hard work for their country is nothing short of astounding.

The Olympics seem like the last peace on this Earth. The last place were we can come together as brothers and as friends. The last place there is no war, or suffering, or oppression. Just us- as a world. In a little friendly competition.

There is something so pure about the Olympics. So innocent. As if the ravages of the world haven't made it to that sacred space.

And I, for one, hope it always remains so.

Go World.

5 comments:

SJINCO said...

You are so right - the Olympics are like the last peace on Earth, I get that too!

And yes, I get all emotional and weepy myself. Such talented people from all over the world.

It's amazing, isn't it!?

Anonymous said...

That is such a lovely way to look at the Olympics.

Yes I get weepy too especially when they play the countries National Anthem I just love it.

Have you seem the 41 year old swimmer who is competing - inspiring!

Amy W said...

I am glad I am not the only one who cries at the Olympics!

Steffi said...

You are so right!Very true post.Great!I hope the Olympic games there be peaceful to the end!

"J" said...

I love it!!!! =) I too have been watching the games! I love it! I think it's soooooooooooooooo wonderful soooooooooooooooo many different type of people from around the world have this one thing in common! I'm like you...
I don't care who wins it's just the point that they made it this far!!!! I was in tears yesterday when this white water rafting guy one his country the very first metal!!! I watched and cheered for him! It was GREAT!!!!

You know I'm pulling for my sand volleyball girls!!!!! =)