CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 27, 2008

baby update

**feel free to skip this post if you are bored with my baby stuff. But it's exciting to me and this is my blog, so I will continue to write about it sometimes.**

I went to the high risk maternal fetal medicine specialist today. As many of you know, in your early stages, they ask that you have a full bladder for an ultrasound. Which is grand. I mean, what is more fun than being pregnant and having to pee; other than being pregnant, having to pee and having someone bear down on your bladder (very full bladder) with an ultrasound thing-a-ma-jig. Good times!

Well, I'm full and waiting. And waiting. And waiting. Finally, I go knock on the receptionists window and beg her to let me in, so that I may pee a little off. I promised her I will only pee off a little. But it is either let me into that restroom or clean it up off the floor at this point. So, I go and pee off a little. And go back to the waiting room and wait. And wait. By the time they call me back, my eyeballs are floating again.

The technician asks how I'm doing and I tell her that I have to pee. She says that's good. She puts me up on the table and gets her little handy dandy thing. And proceeds attack my bladder with it.

Then she actually said, "Wow! That is the fullest bladder I have ever seen. I need you to go pee some of that off."

I happily oblige.

I go pee. just a little. and then get back on the table. I get all slimed up again and the technician goes back to work. Then she can't see a heartbeat. Which Bench Warmer should definitely have a heart beat by now. She needs to do an ultrasound with one of those wands that gets a little more... um, personal shall we say. So, now she needs me to go pee. I have never been so happy to empty my bladder in my life!

But now, I'm scared to pieces that there wasn't a heartbeat. As soon as she gets the wand into position, I said, "That's it, right? That's the heartbeat!" Which it was and long story short- all was fine. The baby and the mama are doing great.

sorry for the graphic story- those with kids will appreciate my pain. Those without can take this valuable information for future use-- if I don't tell you, who will? And for the men, well that's just my husband. And he already heard the story and knows far more personal things about me than the fact that I almost peed all over the waiting room at the doctor's office.

wow- how many times can I say pee in one post?

pee

10 comments:

"J" said...

I'm glad you got in a good pee today!!! lol =)

I'm also very very very HAPPY to hear all is okay with you and little bench warmer!!!! =) YIPPEE!!!!! CHEER CHEER!!!! =)

SJINCO said...

Glad to hear all is well! And well you know, pee.

Steffi said...

I am really glad that everythings is good!I am so happy for you that you are pregnant and I am already curious if Punter will have a brother or a sister ;O))!

Steffi said...

I am really glad that everythings is good!I am so happy for you that you are pregnant and I am already curious if Punter will have a brother or a sister ;O))!

Anonymous said...

Glad everything is fine and you got to pee :)

Beckie said...

I almost peed my pants reading this. Don't you HATE that wand?

I'm glad all is well!

Aubrey said...

I'm so glad that the little heart was beating away! Oh! And I'm glad you got to pee!!

Emma in Canada said...

Before my second ultrasound with Saoirse I was complaining to a tech at work about how I am in so much pain with such a full bladder and how they would always say it was too full and I'd have to empty at least 2 cups worth (which is such a pain when all you want to do is let it all out!) and she told me that the bladder really doesn't need to be full. She suggested just to drink 2 glasses of water while I waited and that should be fine.

I did that with the next u/s and when I had my one with Sophie it wasn't full at all because it was done on a moments notice. There were no complaints from the tech either time.

Such a long comment just to say next time don't drink so much!!!

Julie said...

Ugh, I remember that magic "wand" - ugh.

CPA Mom said...

I had forgotten about needing a full bladder!! The same thing happened with me - having to go pee so they could do the wand thing. Lord. I hated that thing.

Glad you heard the heartbeat!