CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

weekend

We had a great weekend! Saturday morning we went to Old Navy to their little event. We got a lot of t-shirts for $1 each and we got Punter's Halloween costume for next year. A ninja! Or we could just use it as a dress up costume- who knows. Next year I was thinking of us going as "Wizard of Oz"- I could be the scarecrow, HOF could be Dorothy, Bench Warmer could be Toto and Punter could be a flying monkey. I think that would be hilarious. But now, we may all be ninjas since I got the costume for $4.39.

After that, we went to Stone Mountain to the pumpkin festival. We had a blast! We were there for almost 4 hours! After we did the festival activities, we took Punter to the playground (which is huge) and played for a long time. The festival was free and parking was free (because we bought a parking pass). We paid about $30 for lunch- but ate the leftovers for dinner, and we went to the candy store and let Punter pick out a candy. At first he picked out sunflower seeds coated in chocolate. But they were $5! That was just too ridiculous! So he got a graham cracker covered in chocolate. I also picked up one of the ornaments for Julie's ornament exchange!

Today we went back to Stone Mountain and played at the playground again-- and took a picnic, so we didn't have to eat lunch there. Tonight we went to a neighborhood church festival. They had trunk or treat, hot dog dinner, games and more-- all for free! We had a lot of fun.

We almost didn't go because the Giant's game was on. But we tivo'd that and watched it when we came home-- and it was an amazing game!!

On another note, I signed up for NaPoBloMo again this year. I'm going to try to start today, so I can get in a groove. We will see. I have a week to get ready!

Hope y'all had a great weekend as well!

4 comments:

SJINCO said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend of fun!

And I totally think you should go as characters from the Wizard of Oz when baby #2 arrives!!

I'm thinking of doing NaBloPoMo again too - shoot me now!

"J" said...

Sounds like a weekend of FUN!!!! =) I wished I could have went to Stone Mtn with yall...I love that place!!!! Did you go to the glass shop...is that where you got the ornament? I could really go crazy in there!!! =) I love that store!!!

What is NaPoBloMo? I see SJ talking about it on her comment to you and I think Alex said something about it on her blog but something about a book?

I wanted to go to the Old Navy sale this weekend! Dang it! Oh well! Maybe next year! We just had to much going on!

Did yall take any pics at the park? If so post them or email me! I could love to see the pumpkin fest!

I love love love your Halloween idea for next year! lol =) Cracks me up! Yall would be soooooooooooo dang CUTE!!!!!

Happy Monday!!

CPA Mom said...

You are my hero bargain shopper!

I loved Stone Mountain the one time I went there. What would be cool? If "J" and I came to visit and we all went together!!

Steffi said...

Wow...Sounds like you had a great and funny weekend!A pumpkin festival sounds good !

Steffi