Thank you all for your warm wishes! We are so very excited... and a little scared. Two kids??? That is much harder than one kid. I know from my nanny days.
I am due June 15th. We had originally wanted to wait to tell people, but I am already showing- as you can see from the picture. We wanted to tell people at Thanksgiving. As it is-- we were only able to make it through my charity event.
I'm doing pretty well so far, but I am starting to get sick every afternoon and it lasts until bed time. Which is pretty early these days. I've definitely entered the "so tired I can't see straight" phase of the first trimester. But I am doing so much better than I did during my pregnancy with Punter.
okay-- enough boring details of my pregnancy.
I wanted to share something I tried the other day that came out great. Whenever I make pot roast, we usually have a ton left over. Even though I get the smallest roast I can find. And we are not good about eating leftovers. And leftover pot roast isn't the best thing I've ever tried anyway. So, the other day I got the bright idea to use three fillet steaks. I got them from the farmer's market, so the total cost for them was about $4.50. I used potatoes, carrots, celery and onions. And a free packet of steak rub mixed with water (and much extra garlic powder) as my sauce. It was SO good!!! And the whole meal cost me about $6.50. Which is expensive for an average meal for us-- but cheap for a pot roast. I always feel lucky if I find a roast for $9 or less. And we finished it!! there were no leftovers. The steaks were really tender and fell apart after cooking in the crockpot for awhile. You should try it.
Oh, and don't forget to stop by Abbily Ever After to sign up for the ornament exchange. Julie already has 50 something entries and we only have a week or so left to sign up. It is so much fun! I am doing it for the second year in a row! I can't wait to get my "assignment" and pick out my ornament!
I hope everyone has a fantastic fall weekend!! We have lots of fun planned to celebrate the season. Mama has been so busy, we haven't done much celebrating. And we have oh so much that we are excited about!! I am so looking forward to a weekend loving on my boys!!!!! And them loving on me, too!
Friday, October 24, 2008
Thank you
Posted by Frannie at 8:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Okay.........
NOW I'M PISSED!!!!!!!!! I just left you a long comment on how much I love pot roast and how I want it to be my last meal if I ever had to pick a last meal!!! lol
I love left-over port roast...it's the best! The flavors set in...YUMMY!!!
I don't remember what else I wrote....
DANG IT!
Oh yeah...
I signed up for 3 swaps...I don't know what I was thinking - oh well, it will be FUN! Julie's swap was a BLAST last year!!!!!!!
Have a great weekend!!!!!
Love you!!!!!
Aw a Summer baby, June is an excellent month to be born :)
Your dinner sounds yummy, I would make it if I liked steak!
I'm all signed up for the swap I loved it last year.
Congratulations again. And pregnancy details are never boring. Ever! Especially when you have children as old as mine are. You miss those baby days. So you find bloggers who are pregnant and hang on their every baby word to get your baby fix :o) And pot roast...slow cooker? Once a month all year long this is a staple at our home. And during the winter? The slow cooker is used 'at least' once a week. Greatest little invention eva!
Congrats again on the little bun in the oven! Two kids aren't bad at all! You are a great Mom now, you'll be even better when baby comes along....
And details about pregnancies are NEVER BORING! :)
Your meal idea sounds good, and easy and cheap. I'll have to try it as we too hate leftovers.
Wow...That´s so exciting!A baby in June -that´s great and much better as in december like my 2 girls.For your little Punter it will be a exciting time too!Enjoy it!
I for one, can't wait to hear ALL the details so I can live through you!! A bay-bee!!!!
Post a Comment