So now I am left wondering do I talk about it? I opened up part of a story that had it's own resolution. (see post below if you are wondering what the hell I am talking about.)
Do I finish the story? Do I fill it in? Or do I leave it looking like I am an ass because I don't have much concern over this woman's death? I know she was miserable and unhappy, so she is better off. I am sad for those that are close to her because I know this is a horrible Christmas present.
Talking with them and just being on the subject brings up a lot of stuff for me. I am, to my surprise, handling it extremely well. I almost feel like I have actually started to move on.
But I haven't truly dealt with all the issues. I don't even know if I've ever told my husband all the horrors that I went through. Well, actually I do know-- I haven't. I just don't like to talk about the subject. I like to pretend that part of my life never existed.
But it did exist and had very real consequences for a very long time.... including my ending up in a mental hospital and my having very, very serious mental issues.
But, I overcame ALL of it. I have SUCH an amazing life now. It almost all seems like a dream. I have a hard time recalling specifics. I don't talk about them or think about them. I lead a life that most people dream of... a life of happiness. I truly don't know many people that are as happy as I am. I do know some. A handful. But not many.
And I know I flaunt my happiness at times. But I have been through hell. Pure hell. And I deserve to be happy, so I refuse to hide it. And while no one on this Earth knows exactly what I have gone through... please just know that is was a true hell. To the point, where I am surprised I survived.
And I am damn proud of coming out the other side.
My one hang up with all of this is my brother. I do have an older brother that I love. Very much. I had to give him up when I gave up the rest of them. He was a casualty that I hated to lose, but I had to. There wasn't a way to do both.
And I would love to see him. But that pulls me into the rest of the story. Where I don't want to go.
There isn't even a funeral or service. Just a party at my older brother's house. So, now I have to figure out if I go or not.
I am sorry this is such a rambling mess. This brings out more than I can process sometimes. And since I never talk about it, I guess I just don't know how.
Sunday, December 21, 2008
do I talk about it...
Posted by Frannie at 2:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Oh GF I am so sorry that all these memories have been stirred up. You should do whatever is best for you, talk about it or forget about, go or don't go just make sure it is what you want and not what you think others expect.
I'm sorry you had so much pain in your early life and so happy you now have everything you want and have created such a fantastic and wonderful life for yourself. You are amazing and should be very proud of yourself.
Good luck with sorting everything out, I am sending thoughts and hugs your way.
Take care sweetie.
I came over to your post to give you a big congrats for your Giants winning tonight. I'm sorry to comment about this on your post that is really a very sincere and thoughful post about your life. Your blog title "Sunny Little Blog" speaks volumes about how you are living your life now and your blog shows it. It also seems that you are paying it forward to others and helping others out as they have similar experiences. I wish you all the best as you share with your family your experiences. That kind of depth of sharing does help.
In the meantime and on a happier note, I bet you are jumping up and down right now...Go Giants!
I wouldn't go! I really wouldn't! Don't put yourself through it! You might see something or hear something or think something that triggers something! I just wouldn't do it! Let the past be that past! Tell your brother after all this is over if he wants to see you...he can drive to your house! I wouldn't go! You don't owe her anything! You are NOT a bad person for not wanting to go! You have this right! You don't need the drama or thoughts in your life! Your right you are a very HAPPY person and you need to keep your life this way! You don't need this!
You are a very strong and brave young lady! I know that even I don't know a lot about your past! It's a past for a reason! You have a wonderful life and wonderful family now! You are now living the life you should have always had!!!
I really don't think you should go!
Keep me posted! If you need someone to talk to I'm here!!!
LOVE YOU!!!!
Ditto to "J" above. You owe them NOTHING. Don't drag yourself back into hell. You don't deserve it.
Of all the people I can think of, you, more than anyone, deserve your happiness. You are such a lovely person, and I know you have overcome so much. You are so deserving.
Post a Comment