CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 1, 2008

It's December!

Yay!! That means that Christmas is really close! Yay! seriously-- yay!!! We are doing so many holiday activities! That is what I want my children to grow up and remember. Not how many presents are under the tree or how much "stuff" they get. We want them to grow up and remember the magic of the holiday. And I want the magic I never had. I love this time of year!!

We wrote up our list of holiday activities that we want to do-- I will share that soon. (I have so many things I want to post about, but am lacking the time!)

We did one of our activities tonight. We went to our small town tree-lighting ceremony. meh. We had this big idea of what we thought it would be like. We braved the *very* cold weather and went out. Now, for those that have been reading awhile, you may remember that my son is VERY hot natured. He refuses to sleep under the covers and in the summer, he will not even wear clothes unless absolutely forced. For the first time, tonight I saw my child cold. Now I am a wimp when it is cold-- a huge wimp. I will wear a sweatshirt when it is 70 degrees. And I was cold tonight, but I dealt with it. Poor Punter refused to let me put him down and he kept his face totally buried in my coat and neck and scarf and made me keep one hand up over his face. He wasn't himself either. He seemed lethargic or something. And I bundled him up. After we had been outside for about 30 minutes, a parking space opened up in the front and HOF ran to other side of the parking lot and drove the car back. As soon as we got in the car and warmed up a tiny bit, Punter was jumping all over the place. Back to his normal self. It was so strange for us to see him like that. So we sat and waited for the tree lighting--- which was pretty anticlimactic. I don't think we really thought it was worth being so cold.

But I do have to say that today was an amazing day. HOF and I put Punter down for his nap in his bed and we took a nap together in our bed-- by ourselves!! For co-sleeping parent's, that is a rare treat indeed. It was sooooo nice. As much as I love having Punter sleep with us, it was really nice to reconnect with my husband. Goodness, I love that man! But tonight it will be back to all the Punter-y goodness in our bed. He sleeps sideways to avoid the covers-- so we both get attacked all night long. At least he is cute!

We ran errands today and got some Christmas shopping done. That's always good.

Have a Merry Month! Christmas is coming!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you got so cold, I hate the cold too. There is a constant war over the thermostat in our house!

Looking forward to hearing your Christmas Activities!

Carrie @carrieloves said...

Hi Giants Fan, I didn't hear back from you, but I am your swap partner for the Christmas Swap on Lissa's blog. I didn't see an email for you, so you can either contact me thru my blog or email me at ckoehmstedt at gmail.com and we'll swap addresses and likes and dislikes.

"J" said...

Awwwwwwww sounds like a GREAT night!!!!! I'm sad to say we are going to miss the Christmas Light Parade tonight!!!! It runs down the street in front of our office!!! Shad is sick so I will be going home to tend to him!!!! Poor guy!! He started getting sick on Friday! We sat out in the cold rainy weather Friday night in Canton and he was done on Saturday! So so so so sick! I'm shocked he shopped as long as he did!!!! He was in for the night after that!!!! I told him 100 times I would drive home on Sunday so he could sleep but he felt the need to drive!!! Whatever! lol

CPA Mom said...

I'm with you and Punter - I hate the cold!!! HP is completely opposite.

You make me glad we never co-sleeped! Tehehehehehe!

"J" said...

You will soooooooooooooo get a card! You know I love you! You know I never send cards out! lol

The room will be:
Me, Shad, Sean (Shad's brother) his wife Stacy, Nikki (Shad's sis) and her hubby Nick! We are the ones that always hang together when we are up there! We are all the same age! We will put the kids on the pll out couch! The room is SWEET! It has a king size bed in 1 room and then another room has 2 queens! I said we will all be fighting over the king size bed!!! lol

We are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo freaking excited!!!!!!!!!!!