CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 12, 2008

Rudolph- and Santa the Bastard

Do you remember the old school Rudolph, stop-action Christmas special? The one where Burl Ives plays "Sam" the talking snowman?

I love that show.

But watching it as an adult and parent- makes me realize how horrible it is.

HOF and I decided that you could just substitute "African-American" for "Red Nose" and "Homosexual" for "Dentist". Everyone hates Rudolph and Hermie because they are different.

And Santa? well, he is just a bastard. He is rude about Rudolph's nose, he is downright nasty to the elves and he is just in general a crotchety old man! That's not what Santa is supposed to be like!!

But I just assume that Punter will be as oblivious to all this as I was as a child....

2 comments:

"J" said...

I haven't watched this show in years!!!!

I guess I need to watch it!!! I'm sure they already aired it on TV for the year?!?!?

CPA Mom said...

My kids have watched that this year about 70-billion times and I never thought of it that way!