I just realized it is almost bedtime and I forgot to post. And I haven't thought about it-- so I'm stuck with not much. But I wanted to post everyday until the end of the year, so I have to come up with something.
HOF and I have been reading this message board about the worst gift you've ever received for Christmas. It is meant to be funny-- which most of it is. But there are some sad posts in there and some just mean.
I find it hilarious that the gifts I love the most are some of the very things that people "claim" caused their divorce. My pots and pans I got last year-- LOVE them. My kitchen aid stand mixer- cherish it!
And if you are getting divorced over a Christmas present- you've got bigger problems than you realize.
I can't think of many bad gifts I have received.
HOF has a few. He once got a pen from Coke that his brother got for free. Coming from his brother- this isn't too bad. His brother is very absentminded and really doesn't put thought into much of anything. No one takes offense. But his sister-in-law's family got things like DVD players and such. So, it turned out it was kind of a slap in the face.
And once his sister and two cousins were asking him to go in together (they each asked him separately) to purchase gifts for each other. And they were all nice gifts! He wound up spending over $1500 on the gifts for the three of them. And they all chipped in together and got him a Simpson's tee shirt. He likes the Simpson's but, it just didn't seem like they had put much thought into it.
So, what is your worst gift? Anybody have anything? Chia pet, maybe?
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
worst gift ever!
Posted by Frannie at 9:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Great and interesting post again.I enjoyed it to read!
I love to buy presents/gifts and I am looking for always to especial present for the person which will re´ceive this.My gifts/presents come always from my heart and it isn´t important how expensive it was.My husband has always problems to buy presents for someone.Some years ago he gaves me two pairs of socks as christmas gift.That was my worst gift.
Your pots and pans present made me laugh as one year T bought me a bread maker and my friends recated with horror but I absolutely loved it, especially as he set it up the night before so I woke up to the smell of fresh bread - yum!
Hey I think those Chia pets are cool!!! I've always wanted one!!!! lol
I can't think of any bad gifts?!?! I'm always pretty much thankful for what I get! I use to get upset when we did our family Christmas exchange (we would draw a name between the aunts, uncles, cousins - there was like 30 of us) on my dad's side of the family because our side of the family would go all out and then we would get something that was worth $10 (MAYBE $5)! UGH! It drove me nuts so the hag I was and am...I bitched about the whole Christmas thing until it was STOPPED! lol I said there is NO point in us buying stuff for family members we don't see or talk to but once or twice a year! I said if we are going to do anything we needed to do the white elephant game! That never happened!
I always wanted a chia pet - do they really work?
HAHA, I got a telephone touch tone songbook once. Cost about $2.00. From my uncle and aunt. And I was like 17 years old. Awful.
BTW, did you mail your ornament package out yet?
Post a Comment