When I was really young-- I think about 4 years old-- all I wanted for Christmas was this makeup set called "Fresh and Fancy". It was intended for kids and I just thought I might die if I didn't get it. However, it was $13. And that was a whole lot of money to my family. So, I knew that I wouldn't get it and I didn't want to get my hopes up.
My mom (this was when I still had my bio mom) took my younger brother into her bedroom to help wrap gifts before Christmas. We each got to go in there and help her with a couple. They came out and placed the gifts under the tree. As soon as my mom was out of ear shot, my brother said "you got Fresh and Fancy". I didn't believe him; I thought he was just trying to be mean. And I really didn't want to get my hopes up. Plus, I like being surprised. I hate knowing what I am getting.
Since I didn't believe him, he ripped off the paper and showed me.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Fresh and Fancy!
Posted by Frannie at 9:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I guess he sure proved his point to you.
I was more or less an only child growing up and I hated surprises then. I would go to great lengths to find out what my gifts were. I like being surprised now, but I rarely am these days. Funny how things go.
LOL - What a cute Christmas memory!!! I love it!!!!!
I got Lil Miss "H" a rockin cool make-up set and make-up bag for Christmas!!! I can't wait for her to dive into it!!! =)
Post a Comment