CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 22, 2008

a great night....

I am awake at 5:30 in the morning, so I thought I would get up and wrap some presents. Hopefully, I will get sleepy enough to catch another couple of hours before Punter and HOF wake up.

I had a great night last night and I really needed that. It's hard to describe my mood from this weekend's events. Certainly not sad for her death. (yes- I know. That makes me sound bad. But my blog, my feelings.) Slightly sad for those that were close to her. But hard to be sad for people that I don't truly know. Slightly sad to find out how my younger brother is still living his life. But not surprised. I guess guilt is the best way to describe how I feel. While I will never truly understand why family members cut each other out of their lives (even though I did that in a major and traumatic and drastic way at the age of 15), I know that I did what was best for me. And I know on some level it was a flight or fight response. While I wasn't in immediate danger that someone was going to kill me, I would have died in the situation I was in. Especially when not long after my departure I developed lupus. I was extremely sick for a couple of years and there is not doubt I would have died then. If for some miracle I would have survived that, I would have died through other circumstances. While I don't want to go into specifics, just know that it was that bad.

But, last night was such a good night. And I really needed that. Such a good night. We were watching the game and I decided I needed to get my bottom in gear and start to work on one of the 4,000 Christmas presents I need to make. So, I got to work getting all crafty and such. I was up and down the stairs. But one time, Punter and HOF all followed me down and we finally just turned the game on down there, so I could stay in one spot for the most part. We ate and talked and crafted all while watching an amazing Giant's victory! And, as you know, I'm a big fan!!! LOL It really was such a great game. And it was just so nice to get some stuff done and be productive and have my boys either with me or playing together nearby.

Punter is going through a little stage right now where it is all about Daddy. And it is just so sweet to my heart! He just wants Daddy all the time. HOF is eating it up-- but poor guy can't get ANYTHING done. So, last night during the game, they are playing blocks and ISpy and all sorts of fun while our Giants were winning. All under the light of the Christmas tree.

I may have a bit of a tough decision ahead of me, but this will pass. I am so fortunate and blessed. All the stuff that happened in the past is over. THIS is my life. And I love it!

oh, and GO GIANTS!!!!!

8 comments:

"J" said...

I went to bed when it went into OT! I'm glad your boys won! Shad and I wasn't as lucky! My boy's lost and so did his Eagles! It's funny how we are all in the same division!

Wow, it's going to be NUTS with us next weekend when they play each other!!! I hope I come out on top and NOT him!!! HE HE HE

I'm glad you had a good night!!!! =)

Our weekend was good! It was NICE! I'm glad I only have 2 days of work this week! YIPPEE!!!

I'm getting excited about hosting Christmas Eve at the house on Wednesday! It's nothing big...just snack foods! I think dad is going to bring a smoked turkey! I will make a few side dishes and we will have a sandwich tray, chips and dips! YUM!

"J" said...

I'm thinking at this point in your life maybe you and your older brother can start a new life? Maybe? I think you might just want to let all this past though! He has to know where you are coming from!

Just know that I'm here for you! I have said that in every comment...lol! I know you know that but I just want you to know I mean it missy! =)

I love you and care soooooooooooooooooooooo much about you!!!!

XOXO

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you had such a lovely night with your boys and that the Giants won :)

CPA Mom said...

Sounds like the PERFECT night!! I'm so glad you had one - and all the vomiting is over and everyone is well for Christmas.

Echoing "J" - you are living the life you were meant to have all along and it warms my heart to see it. (hugs) to you!! and Merry Christmas!

Julie said...

1. I guess I am glad the Giants won. I hate the Cowboys more than I hate the Giants. Hey, don't kill me, I'm just a Redskin's fan! : )

2. It's your life and your history - nobody knows it like you do. We aren't going to judge you on a decision made based on a history we know nothing about. You're a smart, loving, wonderful lady. If you say you're not sad then you have I'm sure MORE than enough reason to feel that way. : )

3. Glad you had such a wonderful night - sounds like it was exactly what you needed!

Beckie said...

I'm just catching up after a few blog free days. I've missed a lot!

I'm so happy that you have the life you deserve now - SO happy! It is so refreshing that you appreciate the life you have now. I think it's wonderful to hear about how much you love your life, boys and soon to be girl.

Take care of you.

Steffi said...

I am so glad you had a lovely night and your Giants team won!

I wish you and your family a "Merry christmas"!Enjoy your christmas days without stress !Take care of you!

A Spot of T said...

I'm a firm believer we make our own destiny and it sounds like you have made wise decisions over the years. Which means now you are getting to reap the rewards of such wise decision :o)