Today I worked on some Christmas crafting! My friend, Katie came over with her sewing machine, so I could teach her to sew.... talk about the blind leading the blind!!
But I did manage to get one of Punter's gifts made. I made him an I Spy bag. I still need to print out the pictures of the things he can "spy" and laminate and attach them, but I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. It was difficult sewing up the hole at the end. It had to be done after the filler and trinkets went in, so it made the bag heavy and hard to sew. In other words, it is far from perfect. But, it was made with a lot of love! I hope he enjoys it.
The finished bag
A close up of the "window"
A couple of the trinkets that went inside.
I'm pretty proud of myself!

7 comments:
That's adorable! You should consider selling them... I'd buy one!
You did a GREAT job!!!!! I love it!!!!!! =)
That is so cute GF, I love it!
Congrats on the NaNobloMo I loved hearing from you every day, sorry I haven't commented for a while but it's been all about the story!
Hope you keep going in December with all the Xmas stuff, 25 days and counting!
I'll email you later thanks for all the advice :)
Hey, you posted 30 days in a row, the random generator picked you, and I have a prize for you! But I don't have an e-mail address for you so you have to e-mail me at nablopomo@gmail.com by 8 pm Pacific time or I'll have to give it to someone else, oh no!!
Eden
Those are sooooo cute! I remember buying something very similar at a craft sale for my kids when they were small and they spent HOURS with them. And my oldest daughter's boyfriends mother quilts and makes something like this but puts little trinkets in it for older people. Like dice and poker chips, etc. It's very cool. She sells them at craft sales and people just love them. And I see you won a prize for NaBloPoMo....congrats!!!
Very, very cool! How fun is that!
At first I thought the filling looked like grated cheese!
That will be SO much fun!
You are SO talented - I reviewed one of those products - great job on making one yourself!!!
Congrats on getting a prize too ( I read the comment above) - what did you get?
Post a Comment