CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy Birthday HOF!!

**sorry- don't know why it published earlier.


Happy Birthday to my one and only Hall of Fame'r!! (not his real name! LOL)

Today is HOF's birthday. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful guy! I wanted to use this space today to let him know how special he is to his family.

We love him so much!! Everyday when he is at work, we can not wait for him to get home. We just love our weekends when we get to spend time more time together! In honor of HOF today, here is a list of things you may or may not know about him.

1. He loves spicy foods.
2. He is very into electronics.
3. He is very good at financial stuff. He has our whole lives planned out on a spreadsheet. And he can do crazy math in his head very fast.
4. He always thinks about us. He tries to keep his wife and son as his focus all the time.
5. He works really hard to take care of us. He is very good at providing for us.
6. He is being really patient with me right now when I am too tired to do much.
7. He is funny. Not as funny as I am, but funny.
8. He listens to my crazy talk. (my current obsession is the aforementioned Camel Spider.)
9. He believes in our family.
10. He can taste the color red. weird stuff.
11. He lets Punter take over our bed. How can someone so tiny take up a whole king sized bed?
12. He is smart. And I mean super smart! Like scary kind of smart.
13. He came to this country as a refugee.
14. He was born in Thailand.
15. He is part Chinese, Thai and Laotian.
16. He is mostly Chinese.
17. This is the culture that is least represented in his family.
18. We mostly practice Laotian culture.
19. His family lived in Laos.
20. They were famous over there.
21. Almost like celebrities.
22. They came here with nothing but each other.
23. His mom is one of 12 children.
24. Even though he didn't like a lot of things his grandmother did, her death has been hard for us.
25. He made me so very proud when he shaved his head for her.
26. He learned English at the age of 5 and continuously teases me that he knows it better than I do.
27. He never got to do American things as a kid. He never had a stocking for Christmas or anything like that. I think he really likes it that even though he is an adult, I still make sure we do all of those things.
28. His Dad died when he was only 2.
29. From cancer.
30. He is really sad that he never got to know him.
31. His dad was psychic. Which is a big deal in their culture. It's not the same as in ours.
32. We went to see a psychic when we were dating. At our temple. She said we would get married and have 3 kids but it would be hard for us. It's easy for us to get pregnant, but hard to stay that way. We had a miscarriage this summer. Same before Punter.
33. HOF had a pet elephant as a kid.
34. I think this is the only pet he ever had until he met me.
35. We have had two dogs and two fish. We now have two dogs and one fish.
36. He hates when I ask him to smell stinky stuff, but he will usually smell it for me anyway.
37. He is stubborn. And I mean really stubborn. whooo- weeeee! fights are not pretty.
38. He is very sweet-- when he isn't being stubborn. lol
39. He puts up with me.
40. He loves football.
41. He likes most sports, but football is the fave.
42. He is a Giants fan. (whoo-hoo!)
43. He is also a Mets fan. (booooo!)
44. He indulges me with Punter's birthdays. I have already bought a ton of stuff for next year's party and he only turned two in July. I am also working on Bench Warmer's first birthday. He will have all these planning talks with me even though I am quite sure he feels it is insane.
45. He is a monk.
46. He is the best dad ever.
47. He is a great gift giver.
48. He is a wonderful husband.
49. He is a good person.
50. He is my forever.

We went down to his office today to take HOF to a birthday lunch. And we took him a cake even though he doesn't like sweets that much. You have to have a cake on your birthday! We are going out for Italian tonight.

I love my husband so much. I never thought I would find my perfect mate, but here he is. And I wanted to let him know that he is everything to us!!!

8 comments:

"J" said...

What a great post!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOF!!!!!! =) Wow, I had no idea that HOF and Mr. "S" b-day's were so close! Mr. "S" is next Wed!!! =)

I hope yall have a WONDERFUL night together!!!!!

Beckie said...

You snuck a lot of information between the lines in that post. You do that every now and then.

Happy Birthday HOF!

A Spot of T said...

Happy Birthday HOF!!

Anonymous said...

Aw that was so sweet :)

Happy B-day HOF

ChrisB said...

That's a great tribute. Happy Birthday HOF.

Steffi said...

Happy belated birthday from me too!I can be glad to have such good husband!Congrats!

CPA Mom said...

What a great idea for a post! "He is my forever" - awesome! Happy Late birthday!!

I ate Thai food today for the first time - yummy!

SJINCO said...

Aww, what a sweet post! Happy Belated Birthday to your hubby!!

And dude, he had a pet elephant?! I want one!