We took Punter to the theater for the first time today. It didn't go quite as I expected. He LOVES Madagascar, so we thought this was the perfect time to take him for his first movie. I was *really* excited! I still remember the first movie I ever saw-- Helen Keller, Miracle Worker. My kindergarten class went to see it at the Fabulous Fox Theater, which is legendary in Atlanta. It is an amazing place that shows live musicals (when I was pregnant with Punter, HOF and I saw the rockettes there.), concerts, ballets and movies, well and much more. It is like an Indian palace inside and there are stars on the ceiling. We actually looked into having our wedding there, but it was too much money for our budget.
okay-- back to my story. We had told Punter we were going to the theater to watch it and I tried to explain it as best as I could. He seemed excited. After every preview he would look at us and say "acar?" ("Madagascar"). We kept telling him that it was coming. And it came on. After about 15 minutes or so he moved from his seat between us and sat in my lap. I moved over to his seat, so he could see better and we could be beside HOF. And Punter never talked or anything the whole time. He just sat there quietly and watched the movie. I'm not complaining. I just thought he would "talk" to the movie like he does at home. But he didn't. So, I'm not really sure if he had fun. I think he did, but it's hard to say for sure. I was really surprised, as ALL the kids in the theater were really good. I figured we would be dealing with a lot of crying and fussing and such, but not really.
After the movie HOF and I needed a bathroom break. I was taking Punter in with me, but he was turned to see where HOF was going. He wasn't watching where he was walking and he walked right into the metal trim around the bathroom door. He is getting quite a nasty bruise on he left eyebrow--- I hope he doesn't have a black eye. He hit really hard! I felt so bad for him.
Then we went out to eat at Steak and Shake and then all came home and crashed. We had a really late night last night. HOF's aunt had a 30th anniversary party which was a big deal. It was supposed to go on until 1 in the morning, but we had to leave around 10. It was just too much for us! We even missed the cake cutting. But we got some good Asian food.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Madagascar 2
Posted by Frannie at 4:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww don't rub it in about good Asian food...you know I want some!!!!! lol =)
Im sure punter loved the movie! If he didn't he would have slept or cried! What a good boy he is!!!!!! =) I'm glad yall had a GREAT time!!!
I hope his eye is better!!!!!
I think you should be thrilled he sat still and was quiet - he obviously enjoyed it or he would have been squirming. Did you like it? We want to take the kids this weekend.
I agree with Julie! I think it's awesome that your boy sat and watched the movie! When I took Isaac to see a movie for the firs time, he fell asleep within minutes of the movie starting. He's never been a TV guy, but still - tickets these days are EXPENSIVE! I can't wait to see Madagascar 2, I'm hearing so many good things about it!
COOL!!!!!!
Post a Comment