We are pretty blessed with Punter as far as eating goes. (well, we are blessed with him about a lot of things, but this is about eating.)
This kid is not picky. at all. I really hope it stays that way. His favorite food is Vietnamese food, or so it seems. When we go to a Vietnamese restaurant ('cause let's face it-- he sure as hell isn't getting it at home), Punter will eat himself into a coma. He loves the pickled veggies, too.
He loves everything, but he will go in spurts. At one point he will be eating a pint of strawberries every two days, and then suddenly he won't touch one for weeks. I think he burns himself out on food.
The other night we went to a nice Italian restaurant for HOF's birthday. If you go on your actual birthday, you get a free meal. Well, really they will take $12.25 off your bill, so you can just order whatever you want. HOF ordered some kind of seafood feast pasta. It was full of things Punter had never tried. Here is a list of the things he tried new that night-- and liked all of them.
Beets (from the salad)
mussels
clams
scallops
Snapper
He also ate the crab and shrimp, but he's had those before. Shrimp is one of his favorite foods.
It just amazes me the things this two year old will eat. Oh, and he LOVES salad. So much, that we can actually bribe him with it like it's candy. "Punter, if you don't sit down, I'm not going to let you have any more salad." And it works.
HOF told him he's not allowed to have Lobster yet--- we can't afford to feed him that stuff!!
Friday, November 14, 2008
you are what you eat
Posted by Frannie at 8:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You ARE SO BLESSED! My kids won't eat salad and it really ticks me off.
LOL - What a trip!!!! =)
I think it's GREAT that he likes all foods!!!! He's tried some things I've never tried! I've never tried beats?!?!
My daughter loves salad too - I've got pictures of her eating lettuce raw for a snack! and grilled onions!
my son? Pickiest eater on the planet.
*sigh*
My boys pretty much eat anything too, it's great isn't it!?
Their favorites that most kids don't like are pickles, asparagus, and anything seafood.
I think it's great that Punter eats just about anything.
Post a Comment