CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's all about the "GUEST BLOGGER"

Yep! It's all about me today (at least here on Sunny Little Blog) because I'm here guest blogging for my very very dear friend Giants Fan! Just when you thought you were coming to read her blog and get an update on HOF, Punter or maybe even Bench Warmer! Nope! It's nothing like that today! It's all about what I want to write - per Giants Fan! =)

So where do I want to start?
I've never blogged as a "guest blogger" and I probably won't be asked to EVER guest blog again after this post!

I don't know what to talk about or where to start! That is soooooooooooooooo NOT like me!!!

Well, I will blog about History in the making!
Did you know that Obama is going to be our next President? How could you NOT know? Wow, who would have thought? We will be in the history books for this! Good or Bad! He made history! Only time will tell! Okay enough about the election! I'm over it! Let's move on!

I know Giants Fan has a few different readers than I do! So let me introduce myself...I'm "J" over at Musings From Left Field drop by and say hi if you get time! I love making new friends. Speaking of making new friends let me tell you how I met Giants Fan! It was way back many many years ago...lol...not really! You would think Giants Fan and I would have known each other all our life the way we act! For real! I think we were BFF's in a past life or something! Wait let me show you a few pics! I love pics!

Our friendship is not based solely on Atlanta Braves Baseball Camp but that is where it all started! It was true love at first site! Well, I mean for her and I both looking at all those HOT Atlanta Braves players! We were the two loudest, most outgoing, wild and crazy girls at camp! It was wonderful! We just so happened to sit at the same table during introduction! Just to think back at that day ~ What if we didn't meet? How would our life be different! It would be TOTALLY different! I don't even want to think about "what if"! Giants Fan and I have shared in soooooooooooooo many good times and memories since that year! I'm so THANKFUL the two of us met! It's like we were meant to be friends!

Here are a few memories:
Many, Many Braves Baseball Games! Booooooo to the Met's HOF!!!! I had to get that in there!

Staying the weekend with Giants Fan when HOF went on a weekend outing with the boys! This was Giants Fan first time apart from HOF! She did much better than I expected! It was all because "I" was there!!!! HA-HA!




The Starbucks with a water view- Dancing on the pole like we were strippers and HOF taking pictures like he was a professional photographer!!! OMG!!! We crack ourselves up!!!
The cemetery's with NO FENCE? What is up with that?

HOF's mom's WONDERFUL cooking!

Antique Stores - NO MORE FREAKING TEA CUPS!

Going bowling - everyone laughing at how fast I rolled the ball!!! lol I won't even bring up the other incident that happened at the bowling ally!

Going to the Krispy Kreme to eat my very first Krispy Kreme doughnut- all because Giants Fan seen the "HOT NOW" sign!!!!

Taking pictures in the rain with baseball statues while we waited for HOF to come pick us up!!! FUN TIMES!!!

Their wedding! I was in tears!!! I've never been to a more touching ceremony!!! That day I told Giants Fan, "I hope I can find someone to love me as much as HOF loves you"

Punter's baby shower! Awwwwwwwwwwww

Fado Irish Pub - signing the coaster by the way I still have it

Atlanta Zoo

Many trips to Bruster's Ice Cream - I wished we had them here in Texas!

Workout at the Nursing Home! Giant's Fan calling me out in front of all the people because I wasn't working out! HA! How could I forget that! The oldies were out doing me! They were sooooooo sweet!!!

Our one crazy night at the Holiday Inn Downtown Atlanta - getting crazy with cheese in a can! lol - I wished I had those pics on my computer! That was before my digital days!

Our many trips to the Braves Clubhouse Store!


I could go on and on and on and on about fun times and great memories but I won't! You get the point!

I will say that Giants Fan has been there for me through thick and thin! At one point she might have had to call her cell phone company to up her minutes just so I could call and cry on her shoulder about a past relationship I was in! Thank goodness those days have passed! Now I look back and laugh and wonder? What was I thinking? She was there for me! I was an emotional wreck! She finally broke down and said, "he reels you in and then throws you back out" those words right there is what opened my eyes! She hit the nail on the head! That is what he did to me! Crazy how I couldn't see it? I'm so thankful for her in so many ways!

She was there for me when I was going through my divorce!

She was there for me when I had a tubal pregnancy which was one of the most horrible things that has ever happened to me!

She has just been there for me! That is what a TRUE FRIEND is! I'm so THANKFUL to have her in my life!

Even though she lives near A-Town and I live near H-Town ~ we are many many many miles apart ~ we are still there for one another! I know she is always a phone call or email away and vice versa!

To my #1 Best Friend! HA! I sound sooooooooooo elementary!

Thanks for letting me guest blog for you today!

I love you with all my heart!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw what a lovely post and what a lovely friendship :) I love the photos and the memories.

Beckie said...

What a tribute to a friend. Great pictures and it gives us an idea of how far you guys go back. You don't find friendships like this everyday - hang on to it.

Kristin - The Goat said...

How fun! Looks like you found something to say today LOL

Hello Giants Fan! Nice to meet you!
Kristin

Unknown said...

Awww, what a great post! Isn't it wonderful when a 'random' person becomes a friend for life?

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

What a wonderful post! You tow are so lucky to have such a great relationship and trust. That goes beyond time.

CPA Mom said...

oh my, I learned a lot about you today "J" as well as your friendship. What an awesome post!! What an awesome friendship!! I'm a big jealous, I have to admit!!!!

And i had no idea you were so much taller than her!

Julie said...

Even though I "know" you both I had no idea how you knew each other. OR did I know Giants Fan had such BLONDE hair once! : ) You guys are too cute and I'm glad you DID meet each other at that introduction dinner! It was fate!

Unknown said...

Great guest post J and I loved getting to know your friend. :)

Forgetfulone said...

Great guest post, J!

SJINCO said...

*sigh* I wish I had a best friend and a friendship like you two have! How awesome are you both?

Great guest post, I learned a lot aobut you two wild and crazy girls!