So, pregnancy hormones are no joke. at all. Sometimes I am really barely able to control myself. I had a doctors appointment yesterday morning and was mentioning this to her. I was saying how very thankful I am that this pregnancy is so much easier than Punter's. (I wanted to die. It was that bad. There was not ONE day the entire time where I felt even decent much less good.) I told her that it almost had me worried that something was wrong. But everything was fine-- 171 beats a minute on the heart. But I did mention to her that I am having a really hard time with the hormonal aspect. That I am a really happy person and have a super-terrific life and this is not jiving well with me. She lied and said it will go away soon. I wanted to say, "um- you see my son sitting right here. He passed through my who-ha. I know that it doesn't get better soon." But I let her tell her little lie as I was starting to cry and just wanted to get out of there.
Fast forward to about 30 minutes later. Punter and I stop by Publix to grab some festive balloons and a cake for HOF. We were going down to his office and wanted to take him this plus a picture of the bun in my oven. Great birthday stuff.
There is no other customer in my sight except one. The balloon place and the bakery are side by side, so we are just walking back and forth between to two of them and laughing and having a good time. So this customer is some old battle-axe riding around on a scooter and ordering around this employee, who was being more than friendly to her. I could hear her, but I wasn't paying too much attention.
As Punter always does- no matter where we are- he laid on the floor. Now the lady's scooter thing was facing the other way, so I don't even think she knew he was on the floor. We usually pick him up, but there wasn't anyone around, so I just let him stay there. Well, he looked up and saw the balloons and he shrieked with excitement. He didn't cry nor was it sustained... just a quick, shrill expression. Very much like a child. I happened to be walking by Battle-axe at the time and just as I got by her this happened:
Battle-axe (to me): You know they have baskets at the front for you to put him in.
I stopped dead in my tracks and turned back to her and said: Excuse me? (with more than a little attitude.)
She ignored me.
me: "I said 'excuse me?' What did you just say to me?"
Meanwhile the Publix employee is staring at me wide-eyed and shaking her head no, like please just let it go. But me being pregnant, I can't.
Battle-axe is still ignoring me. So I got closer to her and said, "For the sake of your own health, I suggest you never, ever tell me what I can do with my child."
Then I picked up my balloons and cake and left. I swear I wanted to drag her out of the chair and beat her. It wouldn't have been appropriate if he had even been bothering her. But he wasn't. And I would admit it if he was. But he wasn't even within 20 feet of her. And I don't even think she was there when we were laughing earlier, so this was probably the first sound she heard him utter. Man I was mad. More like fury or rage.
like I said-- these hormones are no joke.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
I will take you out
Posted by Frannie at 9:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
No Joke is right! Rage is not good. I can say this because I know how rage feels and it's not good.
Just be careful - the next battle axe might be packing heat.
Yuck what a witch! I hate people who make indirect comments!
Hope the hormones balance out soon :)
LOL - For some reason I could sooooooooooooo see you doing this!!!!! lol =) It freaking cracks me up!!!!!! HA!
OMG that is hysterical - good for you for sticking up for yourself. I had it when old people think they can say/do whatever just b/c they are old.
dude. I'm in awe. hormones or not, i'm proud of you. maybe she'll think twice before making stupid comments the next time!
Go you! I'm glad you stuck up for yourself and for your boy. Some people are just rude.
Post a Comment