The other night, we were all heading to bed and HOF went to have his one last pee. He came back to bed and was kind of half jogging instead of walking. He jogged around the side of the bed and jumped in.
GF "Why were you running? Were you scared?"
HOF "No, I was cold."
GF "Oh, I thought you were running trying to get to base."
HOF "No, just cold... what? base? what does that mean?"
GF "The bed is base when you are scared. When you get up in the middle of the night and go to the bathroom or something and get scared, bed is base."
HOF "What's 'base'?"
GF "Base. Where you are safe. It can't get you."
HOF "What can't get you?"
GF (slightly exasperated) "The vampires, werewolves, zombies... whatever was after you while you were in the bathroom."
HOF "werewolves?"
GF "it could happen? is it a full moon?"
HOF "well, where did you come up with 'base'?"
GF "like when you played Hide and Go Seek as a kid. Base."
HOF "I didn't know that."
GF "you never played Hide and Go Seek??????"
HOF "no"
GF "When you play Hide and Go Seek, the place you stand and count is "base". When you go seek, if someone can make it around you and get back to base before you tag them, they are safe."
HOF (uninterestedly) "oh."
GF "DON'T YOU CARE THAT I JUST TOLD YOU HOW TO PLAY?"
HOF "no, not really."
GF "Do you not love me? Aren't you happy that you finally know how to play Hide and Go Seek after all these years????"
HOF "it doesn't really matter, I guess."
GF "What if Punter comes to you and asks to play and you didn't know? What would you do then?"
HOF " I would tell him to go hide and I would go seek him."
smart ass.
Monday, November 24, 2008
late night conversations...
Posted by Frannie at 9:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Just for the record, I knew exactly what you meant by "base".
I was thinking he was running to bed to make it to 4rd base...lol
I didn't know the whole bed is base thing besides going to 3rd base and you don't really need to get to base just in bed...lol
I knew what hide and seek is and I get the whole safe/base thing!
Isn't it great that you learn something new about your other half all the time!!!! Who would have thought that HOF didn't know what hide and seek was?!?!?
(((HUGS)))
Post a Comment