CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 15, 2008

misc

Our younger cousin, who is in culinary school, came over for dinner last night. And he brought his whet rock and sharpened my knives. He spent a long time doing them-- I felt bad. But I am so excited! He only did my three best ones, before he had to head out. But I think he is going to do the others later.

:::
We always do Thanksgiving with HOF's family. But since Grandma died, it seems that we aren't having a big family get together. We were trying to find someone to host it, which is a big job because our family is so big. I finally asked HOF if we should volunteer since no one would do it. He said no, since I am pregnant and with Punter, it is just too much. Last night talking with our cousin, we started to think the family would just split up and it may just be the cousins. So, we said we could handle that. If the family splits up, we will be hosting one of the Thanksgiving's at our house. Which would probably only be about 15 people or so.

:::
On Thursday my mom's group is getting together for our monthly Mom's night out and having a Thanksgiving feast. I am in charge of the Turkey. I like making turkey, so it shouldn't be a problem. Although this group has a lot of women with nothing better to do than to talk about each other, so I hope it comes out okay. I swear that sometimes I feel like I am in high school with this group. In some cases it is really a nice group-- but in some cases I feel like I am in the twilight zone.

:::
I am almost done with my 10th week of pregnancy! In a few short days, I will move from embryo to fetus! YAY! And I'm almost 1/4 of the way done! After you hit the 10 week mark, most of the danger has passed. I had a sonogram on HOF's b-day, so I am feeling really good about things. I just can't believe how much better I feel with this pregnancy than with my Punter! Thank the sweet baby Jesus. I can not imagine being that sick and already having a toddler! whew!

:::
I got most of my new shipment of kid's books in this week. I've only had two customers so far, and have sold about 70 books. Well, I do have the best prices around!

:::
I am getting excited about our Disney trip. We are staying at the Disney Wilderness Lodge Resort. It isn't in the highest level of resorts, but it is in the next highest, so still a really, really nice place. (I think they have something like 5 levels) HOF has a conference about 1 1/2 miles from DW, so we are planning our trip around that. We were planning to go the week after- you know, work first play later. But Amy sent me this great Disney book that is over 1,000 pages-- just on information about Disney World... not even any other Disney-- just the World. And because of this book we decided to go the week before the conference. Which is saving us over $100 per night and saved us from going on one of the most crowded weeks at Disney. This book is brilliant!!

:::
HOF found this thing online to buy restaurant gift certificates at a huge discount. We just had a huge meal at Doc Green's for $7.00!! I had tomato bisque soup and half a ham sandwich and chips. HOF had a steak sandwich and Caesar salad and Punter had a build your own kid's salad. Oh, and HOF also had a drink. Can you believe all of that for $7.00??!?! that rocks!

:::
I have got to get a move on my Christmas stuff! geez!

:::
I pulled out my maternity clothes yesterday, as I am starting to need some of the longer shirts. It was very depressing. I don't have anything cute. I have to be all fat and uncomfortable-- at least I could be wearing something cute! oh, well. Time to hit some consignment sales, I suppose.

:::
I got free panties at Victoria's secret today. At least I will look cute under the clothes.

4 comments:

"J" said...

The Disney Lodge is sooooooooooooooooo pretty!!!! I checked out your link!!!! Yall are going to have such a GREAT time!!!!! =)

I'm sure your turkey will turn out GREAT!!! =) I hope yall have a GREAT time!!!!

Amy W said...

You will love the Wilderness lodge...still figuring out if I could go! ;)

CPA Mom said...

I haven't been to Disney since I was a kid. I don't know a thing about it or accomodations. I will totally be hitting you up for ideas in a few years!

DId you use the http://www.restaurant.com/ site? They have AWESOME deals. I see coupons to use there all the time.

Kids' books? What am I missing?

SJINCO said...

Amy rocks the Disney skills doesn't she? When we finally end up going I'm going to have her plan out our trip for us. She doesn't know this yet but I'm going to ..... :)