another busy day-- my mommy group had a meeting this morning. That was fun. Then one of the moms wanted Punter and I to come over afterwards and hang out with her. She doesn't have any family nearby and I know she gets really lonely about that. She really needs her friends and our group is about supporting each other, so I went over there to hang out. (Even though I had ton of work to do at home. well, not a ton, but a lot considering I would need to leave again in a couple of hours.)
But, it was so nice. Her son went down for a nap as soon as we got there. Punter played so nice by himself, but nearby. He would come over sometimes and show us something or talk. She made us lunch. We had such a comfy visit. We stayed for nearly 3 hours. By the time we left, I ran home, took care of the dogs and then it was time to run out for our dinner date.
HOF had a meeting at a nearby mall. We never go to the mall, but we wanted to try a new Thai place there. It was pretty good. It was very good except for the rice being mushy, which is pretty inexcusable for an Asian restaurant. But other than that, the food was really good. And it was nice to take a trip out to meet HOF for dinner. We wanted to get there early to avoid traffic, so we made it a little before HOF did. Punter kept running around saying, "Where Dad? Where Dad?" Over and over and over... it was so cute!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
dinner date
Posted by Frannie at 7:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Your dinner date sounds good!It´s nice to hear you had some nice hours there.
Nathalie has fractured her toe yesterday.So you can see our day wasn´t so good!
Sounds like a nice day, I love visits
Sounds like a great play date and a great dinner date!!! That makes for a GREAT day!!!! =)
GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!! lol
Hello?
Rice is like a HUGE thing? That should be perfect! They better work on that!!! BAD THEM!
LOL
When you wrote the post about the mall and not going much! I think back to the day we were going to drive all over atlanta to find Frank his STUPID shoes!!!! You are such a GREAT friend!!!!!!!! We have had FUN times and lots of great memories with lots more to come!!!!!!
The stocking swap post is up! At first it didn't save!?!?! Go check it out! My swap partner hooked me up!
PS -
A new blog friend (I just met her through my stocking swap) just did a post about a free baby book! I thought of you!
Go here!
http://diane-anderson.blogspot.com/2008/12/book-freebie.html
It is so nice that you have a Mom's group that is so supportive of each other. I had something like that with my oldest daughter.
It is really fun to read the Punter stories. It is like watching him grow up. You will enjoy going back and reading these posts in a few years. They will remind you of things that you will have totally forgotten about.
Don't you just love genuine people that you enjoy spending time with? I always love getting together for playdates where time just flies by, it's just.....nice!
I tried Thai for the first time last month and loved it - I got something NON SPICY though!
Post a Comment