Some of the things Punter is doing that I want to remember....
A VERY long time ago, I got HOF a R2D2 robot. It was this ridiculously expensive little robot that was supposed to do all this stuff. It responds to your voice and would do silly little things... speak, roll forward, turn his head, act scared, etc. We played with it a short period of time and put it away. While up in the attic getting out baby stuff, HOF ran across it and brought it down. (Personally, I'm shocked that we still have it.) Punter has loved playing with it and runs around saying "R2, R2" And since he doesn't talk well, it is oh so cute!
He also became obsessed with orange cones (think construction) recently. We could not figure out where this came from at all. But he was always putting buckets or what not on his head and he would go ballistic if he saw an actual cone. He would see these cone shaped "wet floor" signs in the market and fight me to get to them. They are about four feet tall and hard plastic, but he would turn them over and try to crawl inside... cones always need to be on his head.
We finally figured it out. It is from Toy Story 2 when the toys cross the street to get to Al's Toy Barn... they hide under the cones, so they aren't seen. And that's why he is always putting them on his head. We got Punter a real orange cone and our cousin gave him a few of the light weight sports kind. He is beyond happy to have his own cones. He even sleeps with them. He rode in the car for 25 minutes yesterday with his heavy orange cone on his head. Too silly!
Punter's language skills are really growing. He is still behind, but he is making a lot of progress. He is hitting the "parrot" stage that kids go through. Last night I dropped a clean dish in the dirty dishes and said "shoot" and Punter says "toot!" right after me! We will have to be really careful.
One of Punter's favorite books right now is The Cat in the Hat. He will ask for "Cat Hat" when we go to bed. Which he loves to read anything. But I get tickled by how much he loves Dr. Seuss. We also read Hop on Pop a lot and Go Dog Go.
Punter's favorite food is corn. He would eat it every meal, if I would let him. He has even asked for it for breakfast. And he definitely has a sweet tooth like his mother. We love to share treats. HOF doesn't eat sweets that much, so there is more for Punter and I. We have a bunch of free doughnut coupons and Punter has been loving getting a free doughnut before we go grocery shopping on the weekends. We are pretty lax about Punter eating junk food because he eats so healthy the rest of the time. He loves fruits and vegetables. In fact, when we are at the farmer's market, I can't stop him from tasting the produce before putting it in the bags. He is also a big fan of rice. We went to a Vietnamese restaurant the other day and I asked him if he wanted to order a rice dish and he said he did. When the waiter came, I ordered a dish for him and Punter started screaming "rie, rie!!!!" (rice, rice) at the waiter.
We leave for Disney in less than two weeks. We have tried to get Punter to learn the Disney characters, so he will be more excited to see all the paraphernalia and stuff. I think we have done a pretty good job thanks to the Disney channel. And he has always loved Toy Story and Nemo. We are really excited about the trip. This is going to be so much fun!
Thanks for indulging me with this.... I just want to have a record of some of the things he is doing. My memory seems to get worse everyday. I will forget all these little moments all too soon, I am afraid.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Punter
Posted by Frannie at 8:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a CUTE post!!! Punter is growing up so fast!!!!! =)
The cone story cracks me up!!!! Some how I picture him in the grocery store attacking all the cones!!!!
He's so cute, what great stories to remember about him.
Post a Comment