CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 31, 2009

oh, just watch whatever you want to watch

So, the Nielsen people come this morning. And it was a WAY bigger process than I thought. 7 men came in with tons of equipment and were going through all our electronics. (I thought it was going to be one guy.) It turns out we were too "technologically difficult" for them. HOF loves his electronics. We were cleared for most of the problems. Our modified gaming system was cleared. The fact that our laptop communicates to the tv or something was finally cleared. The computer hooked up to our tv was a big problem, but we found a way around it. The USB port on our DVD player was cleared. So, we were finally good to go. And then they asked me about the wireless headphones. It turns out there was no way around those, so we couldn't be set up. Oh, well.

HOF decided he wanted to go out to eat tonight. We went to this outdoor mall area because there was a lot of selection and we weren't quite sure what we were after. And all we could think was "what recession"???? We had to go to four different restaurants before we found one that wasn't so crowded that we would even be able to get in the door. We went to Doc Green's and really enjoyed it.

After that we went to DSW. I really need new shoes. I wear the same shoes all the time. I wear a pair of reef flip flops in the summer and either my Merrill's or my Sketcher's in the winter. My Merrill's and Sketcher's are starting to get pretty shabby. (In fact, the Sketchers are downright broken in more than a few places.) I think the last time I bought shoes was about 5 years ago.

I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, but I found a cute pair of shoes. I'm trying to class up my shoe situation a bit. I'm tired of slogging around in shoes that look sloppy, but I still want comfortable shoes that have some support. These fit the bill- I think. Not that I have really worn them yet.

On the way home, I mentioned to HOF that I wanted to try again tomorrow.... as I REALLY need new shoes. And would like to have some before our trip. When we got home, he went to work looking online for deals. He found this amazing deal for DSW- if you put in these weird coupon codes in the right order you were able to get $40 off any $65 or more purchase-- AND free shipping!! We aren't sure if there were a million people trying this or what, but the site kept kicking us off. HOF finally got it to go through and I got 3 pairs of shoes for $89 total!!! Two Steve Madden's and a pair of Sketchers! I am so excited. I kind of doubt they will make it before my trip, but I still need them.

3 comments:

"J" said...

I bet those guys were going crazy with HOF's cable jobs and toys!!! lol

HOF knows his electronics for real!!!! =)

I still have the song on my phone he loaded for me almost 3 years ago!!!! Yeah, I have kept the same cell phone for that long...lol!

I'm glad you found some GREAT deal on shoes! That ROCKS!!!! =) I hope they make it to you in time!!!!! I have a few pair of Steve Madden's and LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!!!

CPA Mom said...

HOF Is just as crafty as you are with the deals!! Sweet!!

I was just making the same comment to HP - we went to Macaroni Grill on Saturday night - $12.99 for salad, entree and dessert! and kids meal including drink and dessert is only $5.99 - and we had to wait for a table at 5 pm!! What recession??? They were slammed!

Come to think of it, so was the car wash. We had to wait in a LONG line for a vaccum and wash.

CPA Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.