CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

Today I am 34 years old. Officially in my mid-thirties and can no longer be considered an "early-thirties" gal.

I don't have a problem with my age. It doesn't bother me. It does seem extremely weird to me that I am this age. I don't quite remember how I got here. But here I am.

I seem to get happier as I get older. I don't think it is really a product of getting older so much as a product of changing circumstances. But I hope I am gaining some wisdom with age. Although, if I am, I surely forget about it as soon as I am enlightened with it. Which seems little unfair.

I'm gaining wrinkles, but that's okay.

I'm gaining a son this year, of which I am so very thankful. And a little scared. I'm going to be a mom to two boys. Oh, my.

I will continue on my journey with HOF... of which I can't even say how thankful I am. I am so happy to have him with me in life and love.

I don't know what the rest of my plans are. Time will tell. I'm sure it will be a great year.

At least it is going to start off great. For the first time in a while, we are going to have nice weather. We are going out for my free dinner tonight at a local restaurant that is so yummy. And Punter's godmother, and my dear friend K, has a birthday on Monday. We always try to celebrate together. She wanted to do Medieval Times this year, so that's where we are headed tomorrow night. Punter is so excited. He keeps saying "Neigh (horse) and "Nigh" (Knight). I think he is going to go ballistic while we are there. And, of course, we had a coupon. It is normally $50 per person, but we have 7 people going for $150. Not bad! Punter and I are going to bake a cake today. I'm sure he will love this. And I hope that we can get out to enjoy this nice weather that we are supposed to have, but isn't here yet.

34 here I am. And I'm happy to be here!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww... well Happy Birthday to another January baby! I just turned 31 a few weeks ago, and when I am 34 I am still going to consider myself in my early 30s. 35 can be the start of the mid year. :)

Beckie said...

Happy Birthday!!

Ok - I have a problem with what you said. You are 34 today and you are no longer in your early thirties - WRONG. I am 44 and I am most certainly still in my early forties - just ask me. :)

I hope you have a fantabulous day! Thirty-four is a good age to be.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday, hon!!

have a wonderful weekend of celebrations!!

m.

CPA Mom said...

Just popping over to say Happy Birthday - saw my reminder to myself in my date book - 34 is a wonderful age - I'm 37 and I'm not sure how I got here either! But every year we get wiser and more in touch with who we really are.

Happy Birthday my friend...I'm so blessed to have you in my life!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, hope you have a wonderful day and a wonderful meal!

Not sure how I am in my thirties either!

BS said...

Happy Birthday - if only I was still in my thirties (either early or later, it doesn't matter !) Hope you had a wonderful day.

ChrisB said...

Happy Birthday, hope it was a good one. A friend of mine in Toronto also shares your birthday.

That Chick Over There said...

Happy Birthday sweet Frannie face! :)

Steffi said...

Happy birthday to you,dear Gfan!I wish you the best !I hope you had a nice birthday!
I wish I had your sweet age again....

"J" said...

I'm so sad I didn't have internet on Friday to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

I hope yall had a FUN FUN FUN time for your b-day!!! I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Mid-Evil times!!!! I want to see pics!!! I know yall took some...right?!?!? =)

"J" said...

I love you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!