I am still clearing stuff out.... I have been getting everything so organized and clean! I love it!!
I am focusing on our Disney trip now. I am beyond excited to take Punter on a trip to Disney and just to have fun in general.
Every year HOF has a conference in February/ March. We plan our vacations around this conference.... if you have been reading here for more than a nanosecond, you know I am cheap. And by planning our vacations this way we save a TON of money.
Last year we went to San Diego. We left on a Tuesday (I think) and came back on a Sunday. The WHOLE trip cost $600. Including airfare.
This year, we are driving. HOF's office will pay for all of the gas, whereas they would only pay for HOF's plane ticket. So, that was a no brainer. We decided to go early and go to Disney first. We are going to leave on a Sunday and head to our resort in the Disney compound. We will stay there and do Disney stuff until Wednesday. Where we will check out of our hotel and drive to the conference hotel that is only a mile and a half away. The rest of the time, Punter and I will be on our own for the most part. HOF gets to see us during the day while attending his conference, but not for long at a time. Maybe for a lunch or afternoon walk or something. It is still nice, but we will hang out on our own most of the time.
But, our conference hotel is huge and has a million things to do. Plus? I will have the car. So, we can always head out to the nearest alligator farm or whatever.
I am worried about how Punter will do in the car for that long. And how I will do for that matter. I will be about 5 1/2 months pregnant. And I pee every 15 seconds. And being pregnant make my lupus and my arthritis not happy. But I will get through.
And Punter has two tv's in the car. And we have a cooler/ warmer thing. So, I can bring lots of snacks. We had originally planned to leave at night, so he could be asleep most of the time. But then I kept changing it. I would say, "well, we can leave after dinner and by the time he gets bored, he will be falling asleep." And then I would say, "Well, we can leave before dinner. By the time he gets bored, we will stop and eat and then by they time he gets bored again, he will be asleep." And so on and so on. Now we are leaving first thing in the morning and will just make the best of it.
Anyway, I am all excited! It is going to be so much fun!!
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Disney and such....
Posted by Frannie at 4:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
How exciting! And you are right to just leave and make the best of it. We've tried all kinds of "perfect" times to leave with kids and there is no such thing!
You are going to have so much fun!! I can't wait to take my kids to Disney one day.
I think Punter will amaze you when it comes to traveling in the car for a long distance. Just as long as he's busy, I bet he won't even care! And if he's anything like my boys they crash out and end up sleeping for most of the ride.
Best of luck to you! Your trip sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun!
Post a Comment